Journey through CO (few pics)

BoostCreep

Registered
Buddy and I took an 11 hour (one way) journey to CO so we could head through the mountains for labor day. First time I've ever done anything like this and it was pretty fun! Didn't have a whole lot of time but we still went up Mt. Evans (~15,000ft I believe?) and through Hwy 34 (~11,000ft). I almost got ran in to the side of a mountain by a Harley that didn't want me to pass, there were a couple of nutty people and a ton, metric TON of Harleys everywhere.

Either way, next year I'd like to get a whole week off, possibly one or two more people to go with but I really enjoyed it all. Even though the humidity is so thick it feels like you're riding through Jello here in Iowa, my bike is glad to be home (the power difference even between Denver at 4,000ft and here 900ft is incredible); bike was hating life on Mt. Evans.

I'm there on the right, Chris to the left.
DSC_0269.jpg

DSC_0277.jpg

DSC_0247.jpg

DSC_0302.jpg

DSC_0309.jpg

Nice pics, Looks like fun, I havent had the chance to ride colorado yet. I see you said you are from Iowa, where in Iowa you from? Im in the north central region of Iowa myself.

I've want to go there for several years now. I hope to make it soon. The west coast is looking more likely though in the next year. Thanks for sharing your pics.

Way to demonstrate how capable the Hayabusa is as a world class sport tourer. And in sport touring heaven....Colorado! (and don't worry, in a few weeks that humidity will be long gone) Raydog

I'll try to get some of Chris' pictures. I didn't get a whole lot of good shots, I didn't want to get off the bike! There was a $3 entry for motorcycles to go up Mt. Evans, it was pretty crazy, we started and it was 70 degrees and by the time we got to the top it was 42 degrees with a windchill of about 24 (Park Rangers reporting this). To get to the very top there was a good 1/4 mile + hike, at that altitude I was sure I was going to die; had to sit down twice because I started seeing stars. Plus a lot of the road had an almost straight drop down the side. Really if anybody is thinking about this trip, just go out and do it, you wont regret it! Most of the roads we found were from motorcyclecolorado.com; and I highly recommend getting your hotel right in the middle of the mountains.

DSC_0324.jpg

Back