State Farm rates going up for anyone else?

Sous

Donating Member
Registered
Nearly age 37, no claims or violations in 10+ years and my 6 month premium went up $30 last time and $40 this time. I called State Farm and they said that the insurance rating that the Hayabusa falls into changed and that is why there is a rate increase.

Anyone else seen this with State Farm? I am in GA as I know the region makes a small difference too.

EDIT: Just did a quick estimate for the same coverage at Progressive and it was $400 a year cheaper, still shopping around though.

I havent noticed on mine but will check when I get my next bill.

mine went up 40 per year they said due to large amount of accidents in my area (cagers vs bikes)

I haven't noticed but I'll check. What part of Ga are you in?

I'm in north GA, just off of Lake Hartwell. My SF agent told me that she has never seen the premium go up more than once in a year due to vehicle reclassification. She said the reclassification was due to anything from theft to accidents across the state. That is all fine, and I understand that insurance rates can go up from time to time. Although nearly $100 raise in a year for nothing I was at fault on, I don't think so.

I had them send me a cancellation notice as I will be switching to Progressive for the same coverage at nearly 50% the cost.

Since your military....I reccomend going thru USAA and using the USAA link for progessive. I'm 26 and paying just over 100 a year. They'll give you an online quote. For all my insurance I go online and get quotes every couple years to ensure I get the best deal.

Since your military....I reccomend going thru USAA and using the USAA link for progessive. I'm 26 and paying just over 100 a year. They'll give you an online quote. For all my insurance I go online and get quotes every couple years to ensure I get the best deal.

Good call, saved another $20 off the premium. Now the rate is only $50 more than State Farm, but State Farm was for 6 months where as USAA/Progressive is 12 months.

Just switched to State farm. 39 years old, no accidents, 1 speeding ticket this past year for 12 over. I'm paying $1,000 a year for full coverage with a 1k deductable. My previous company, Geico, wanted $1,300 :huh: I think this is crazy, I paid $240 a year for my F4I I sold to get the busa.

Good call, saved another $20 off the premium. Now the rate is only $50 more than State Farm, but State Farm was for 6 months where as USAA/Progressive is 12 months.

Glad I could help. USAA opened the progessive link like a year or two ago. IDK how known it actually is.

Just switched to State farm. 39 years old, no accidents, 1 speeding ticket this past year for 12 over. I'm paying $1,000 a year for full coverage with a 1k deductable. My previous company, Geico, wanted $1,300 :huh: I think this is crazy, I paid $240 a year for my F4I I sold to get the busa.

I only pay $440 a year to State Farm, that is with $500 deductable for collusion and $100 deductable on compressive. 40 years old with an '11 Durango, '12 ram 1500, house and jewelry policy with them. Rate did double when I changed from my '07 interceptor. But would not change from State Farm, been with them for 24 years without issue. Had 1 collision claim and 10-12 comphrehensive claims over the years.

Yep. My rates went up but when I called my agent he looked at all of my policies (2 cars, bike, renters, 1 life) and as long as you have uninsured on your car(s) it carries over to your bike. You do not need to have uninsured on your bike and your car. That gave me a $13 dollar discount. I made my agent put that in writing because I didn't believe him. So he sent me an email that I have SAVED with his name on it that he says the uninsured part is not needed as long as I carry uninsured on my car because it covers the bike and the car. You might want to check it out....

They must have done an update on their end for our bikes. My Hayabusa insurance went up about $9 a month

Just switched to Progressive through USAA this morning and it will take affect in October. I went from full coverage with State Farm for $870 a year (this is after they hiked their rates up on me twice) to $498 a year with the exact same coverage with Progressive.

I understand that a business needs to raise rates from time to time, but $70 a year for some one like me seems a bit much in my opinion. Especially since another major insurance company offers the same coverage for nearly half the price.

Just switched to Progressive through USAA this morning and it will take affect in October. I went from full coverage with State Farm for $870 a year (this is after they hiked their rates up on me twice) to $498 a year with the exact same coverage with Progressive.

I understand that a business needs to raise rates from time to time, but $70 a year for some one like me seems a bit much in my opinion. Especially since another major insurance company offers the same coverage for nearly half the price.

It must be the Yeungling Lager. :laugh:

I have six vehicles with State Farm and my policy went down about $40 per month. The rate on my Prius is higher than my Busa.

It could be the beer, but I'll never give that up.....

I have all my other insurance through USAA and have for almost 18 years now. I bet I could get a discount for a multiple vehicle policy with State Farm, but it is over and done with now.

Nearly age 37, no claims or violations in 10+ years and my 6 month premium went up $30 last time and $40 this time. I called State Farm and they said that the insurance rating that the Hayabusa falls into changed and that is why there is a rate increase.

Anyone else seen this with State Farm? I am in GA as I know the region makes a small difference
EDIT: Just did a quick estimate for the same coverage at Progressive and it was $400 a year cheaper, still shopping around though.
Same thing happened to me here in Louisiana.:banghead:

So far no change on mine, but my policy year won't end until February. Even if it does go up a few $$, it's still going to be hugely less than anywhere else. I'm paying right at $500 per year for $250 deductible full coverage. Liability on my '94 Mitsubishi pickup is only $150 per year less.
Progressive was wanting $1900 per year for $500 deductible FC on the bike, 4years ago.

Back