Cush Drive options (firmness) ?

Audiomaker

Registered
Hi All,

My 02 Turbo needs a set of cush rubbers.

I was wondering...

Is any particular brand of the aftermarket ones softer than another, yet still able to hold up to 300hp (currently running 220hp but have a 300hp goal).

I'd really llke softer...but with more longevity over stock. Or is stock still the best way to go if you want soft and replace them more often? Hmmm?

Thanks Much!
Sean

most switch to the firmer set of cush drives sold by some of the sponsors... check boost by smith i think thats where i got my last set

most switch to the firmer set of cush drives sold by some of the sponsors... check boost by smith i think thats where i got my last set

I've seen that, but I figured most of these aftermarket drives are some sort of poly' and that's great since they should outlast rubber by a long ways, but on the other hand, the jerkyness of my busa is one of my complaints so while I'd like to get a *stronger* set when I replace them, I'd also not like to make the bike less comfortable than it already is.

That's pretty much why I made this post... wondering if there was a softer, yet still polyurethane cush drive, or if one brand was softer than the other so at least I could choose the softest.

:)

Sean

I have always choosen the OEM Suzuki ones. They work properly every time. I have not used the hard aftermarket ones but logic tells me the harder ones will allow less shock absorption.

I am no whe near the power of a turbo bike, but I just replaced my 22k mile stock Cush drive setup with the red pashnit ones. I was amazed how nice it feels. The thing was jerky as hell before with worn out Cush drives, but rides smooth as butter now. I've heard of some going with a mix of red poly's and the stock black bushings? Might be something to look into.

Hi All,

My 02 Turbo needs a set of cush rubbers.

I was wondering...

Is any particular brand of the aftermarket ones softer than another, yet still able to hold up to 300hp (currently running 220hp but have a 300hp goal).

I'd really llke softer...but with more longevity over stock. Or is stock still the best way to go if you want soft and replace them more often? Hmmm?

Thanks Much!
Sean
I wore my stock cush rubbers out in 7k miles of hard throttle twisting on my mostly stock bike. I replaced them with the Sensie red hard cush rubbers. The Sensies are VERY hard, and made the bike seem much harsher with off/on throttle transitions, didn't like them at all at first, but after a few thousand miles they softened up enough that they were fine. The Sensie's also need to be well greased when you install them, they are a VERY tight fit and can be a tough install without some finesse.

With your turbo bike Sean I would never run the stock rubbers, you'd get practically no life out of them. There might be some other options besides the Sensie that aren't quite as hard tho, maybe shop around a bit? I have to say tho that the Sensie's would be good for the long haul....they're some tough sob's :laugh:

Thanks for the input fellas.

Yeah, so that's the dilemma...

You replace worn out OEM rubber ones with polyurethane and it feels great... but because you no longer have that slop in the driveline, but it's harsher than OEM would be.

You replace rubber with rubber and it doesn't last.

What I'm getting here is that you have OEM and Poly, but there is no softer/firmer brands of Poly that would be closer to OEM in "give", but last like aftermarket.

I was hoping to hear "Ya, XX brand is the softest and still lasts a long time compared to OEM", but I guess that is not the case.

I really appreciate the advice :)

Sean

I have always choosen the OEM Suzuki ones. They work properly every time. I have not used the hard aftermarket ones but logic tells me the harder ones will allow less shock absorption.

Same here, just oredered a set from Justin.
I feel going with a firmer cush defeats the whole purpose of having them. The main objective is to eliminate or reduce and shock to the tire and transmission. Never understood why anyone would prefer a stiffer material such as a poly type. :dunno: Its not like a soft cush will hurt your drag et's if anything it will help with a better 60' times

If your wanting to take up the slop just cut some pieces of rubber from an inner tube and slide them in between the cush and the rim where they touch. I have done this with great results of tightening up the sprocket play in the wheel.

harder poly ones are better for lasting longer and work awesome ! But for power and drag I would stay with the stock and just replace them every 10-15k

Back