Changing Brake Fluid..

HillbillyTom

Donating Member
Registered
Anybody do this on their bikes? We change the oil, the anti freeze, we lube the chain, set the lifters, adjust this, adjust that, but I never hear of anything concerning the brakes. I'm as guilty as the next guy in that I've not done it on my bike since I put the braided lines on it. Strange thing is, I do it on a pretty much regular basis on my dirt bikes.
Got the trusty Mity Vac out and did the KDX woods bike today, and after a little less than 2 years, this is what pale amber DOT 4 turned into..
SoggyBottomandBrakeFluid9-1-2012015.jpg

After almost 4 years, I'm wondering what the brake fluid looks like in the Busa.. ???

I change mine when I change my oil, along with the clutch fluid. It's probably overkill but I can tell a difference after changing the clutch oil. Mine gets dirty after 3000 miles so change the brake fluid while I've got the mity vac out.

Depending on what I am doing, and what bike I am on. Both get a brake and clutch fluid change every year. Sometimes every 6 months. Or as much as every time I do an event that is really hard on the brakes. (Track Days or Busa Bash!)

Back