parking lot blues

rdnckjim

Registered
Well rode my bike over to the store and after I got done shopping went to start her and on the initial crank no start. checked switches and everything is on. try again and a little hesistant but got her going. the drive there and after leaving the lot was find. didnt know what to think. any ideas? just dont wanna go out and then she doesnt want to start at all. no codes and just got dyno'd. no problems or changes in the bike. tried it again in my garage and it was hesistant till i opened the throttle. I shouldnt have to do that right? well i checked battery and gas and just about anything i could without digging too much. gotta get to work. let me know of anything that you can think of. air force only permits so much time off to fix motorcycles lol

Definitely sounds like the battery, mite want 2 get a new 1 soon and maybe a battery tender to go with it

I went through similar issues for a bit. Two things turned out to be at fault. First I didnt have the battery on a tender and wound up replacing it. Second thing that turned out to be the bigger issue. I had a ground that went bad between the starter button and the actual components. Once the ground was fixed everything has been fine ever since :thumbsup: Definitely make sure you check the entire circuit to make sure you don't keep chasing a similar issue.

The battery on the bike is less than a year old. maybe i charged it wrong on the first charge, that would probably explain why it went bad so fast. i will check all the connections and then do what I can from there. I want that new lithium ion battery but they won't ship that overseas to my base I don't think. Thanks for the input everyone

Back