Impact Armor-Is it worth the $$

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
As many of you know I've been riding motorcycles for half a century and I've had my fair share of encounters with the pavement. Statistics show that most motorcycle deaths occur from head and/or chest injuries. So my question is: How many of you wear back and chest protection?

I wear padded shorts under my leathers every time I ride. A broken pelvis is more common than you may think. With the Bahn impact shorts I have never even so much as bruised my hip area. The most important area to protect (Other than your noggin) is your chest area.

I usually get more than one request on any given track day for information on my upper body armor. Monday was no exception. I had five students and all were interested in my Impact Safe-T Armor. It occurred to me this morning as I sipped my morning latte that I had never shared my experience with body protection with my friends here.

If body protection is of interest to you, please visit the Impact Safe-T Armor guy before making your purchase. He hand makes your armor to fit "YOU" and only you. Yes, it's custom made to fit. You cannot buy it off the shelf. You get fitted properly and this stuff fits and wears so comfy once it warms up and form fits to your carcass. I've been wearing Impact Safe-T Armor for a number of years and the only injury (Broken Shoulder) was when I didn't have this stuff on. It's worn by many of the riders you watch on TV such as Josh Hayes, Colin Edwards, Ben Bostrom, all three of the Hayden boys and many more. You most likely won't watch a race on tv when one or more riders won't be wearing Impact Safe-T Armor.

I have no affiliation with Impact Safe-T Armor nor am I promoting it. I'm simply making you aware that it exists if you have interest in impact protection. In my view it's the best as well as the most comfortable protection you can buy. The best part is, it's not as costly as you may think. It comes with your own personalized name plate making it less apt to come up missing.

Below you'll find a couple of photos as well as contact info. This is the only place you'll find to purchase this product. The combination of chest and back protection completely encases the chest area.

Mike
Contact Information:
Impact Safe-T Armor
P.O. Box 2882
Citrus Heights, CA 95611
Impactarmor.com
Impactarmor@hotmail.com
Impact Armor Review - Motorcycle USA
916/725-2936

impact armor back -blue.jpg

impact armor -chest.jpg

good info, thanks for sharing. Although I do not hit the track, I may need to reevaluate the factory armor already in place in my Alpinestars jacket (chest and back).
P.S. I routinely use this by KNOX:

View attachment 1593328

What I want to know is, how the heck do you do a custom fit when he's hundreds of miles away?

What I want to know is, how the heck do you do a custom fit when he's hundreds of miles away?

It's magical Divrman. First you must get your pretty wife to fill out the form cause there are some big words in there like measure, inches, distance and double check. Oh, and there are a few numbers and as long as they don't require anything over 3 followed by inches, you'll do fine! :laugh:

Then there will be a package come in the mail. You'll need the wife to help you on this one as well. The package will include two pre-cut forms that you strap on, one chest and one back. You'll need the wife to take photos at different angles (I know, you already have photos of yourself but he want's them without the wife :whistle: ) Send the photos to Mike and he will fine tune the sizing from the photos. You'll receive custom fit units that really will fit YOU!

Mike keeps your pre-cut forms on file and if you ever crash and need a replacement he can have on to you in 2-3 days if necessary.

Very interesting - who wears the pre-cut forms, me or my wife? ???

Are these only for geriatric people like you and Divr?
And what model denture retainer would you suggest for TeamGixxer?

:hide:

Let me give you the benefit of my wise advice and a skydiving saying...

"There's a lot of Old Skydivers, and a Lot of Bold Skydivers, but not a lot of Old, Bold Skydivers"....

Are these only for geriatric people like you and Divr?
And what model denture retainer would you suggest for TeamGixxer?

:hide:

Hey,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Rumor has it that those fatuns down south actually persue you fellers with "A" tooth remaining to accent your tender smile! :whistle:

In all seriousness Tuf, I admire your vigor and expertise. Many here talk highly of your abilities not to mention that 'Cotton Fields' vid so thanks for sharing this. I am impressed that he sends you a sample mold and then custom makes another final one for you. That's past the extra mile and says something about the person/company making it.

Can't wear enough protection...

Ride 5 miles to the gym and dress like its a motogp race.

105 or 35, same gear

In all seriousness Tuf, I admire your vigor and expertise. Many here talk highly of your abilities not to mention that 'Cotton Fields' vid so thanks for sharing this. I am impressed that he sends you a sample mold and then custom makes another final one for you. That's past the extra mile and says something about the person/company making it.

You my friend, are among my favorites. I read all your posts most of which have a twist of humor embedded among the words. Thanks for the smiles! :smile_face_r:

thanks for the write-up, may have to look into this :beerchug: after this last get-off, i'm about ready to find a set of rib protectors like those girlie quarterbacks wear...i don't heal up as quickly as i used to :laugh:

Yeah that website is pretty nice, better to have than have not..........................your skin will thank you later:whistle:

Just an A-stars spine protector here. Chest protection is something to think about though. But, I have broke ribs in dirt bike offs through a hard plastic chest protector.
Dunno if I could fit anything more, as I'm almost to the point of being Anthony Gobert style "under leathered" as it is.:laugh:

I was thinking about this too. On my last trip over the bars i was lucky and cleared everything but I can see getting a chest full of helibar in a bad crash. Thanks Tuf.

Back