The 08 Hayabusa gets a few upgrades and some service.

EarlyBird

Donating Member
Registered
First a big thank you goes out to BigEand to BlancaBusa:beerchug: Big E got me a good price on some new shoes! Blanca with the CZ issue and swaying me to consider the same new shoes!

The Busa was in need of some service and some love from the miles I have put on it. It was time for a new chain and sprocket kit. Time for some rear brakes pads. :poke:(I almost pulled a ROOSTERRIDER007!) I got 1.5 mm of rear pad material left. So, I got my money's worth:laugh: Tires where close to being replaced. Bled the clutch slave and added fresh brake fluid to the master cylinder. I went into the air box and cleaned up the piper cross filter. It was full of trash from our wet and wild ride to and from the dragon! I figured while I was there, a tune up was in order. So, I installed new plugs. Then decarboned the valves with carb cleaner and other methods.

A few months ago, I swapped over to slightly darker turn signal lamp assembles. This was to help darken up the bike some in looks, and to go with a set of CZ rims that I ordered. Well, that went turned out to be a sad ordeal.:banghead: Then I went to another vender and another product Brand name at Motowheels-Motorcycle Performance Products for Ducati, MV Agusta, Aprilia, KTM - Rancho Cordova - Sacramento. This is where Big E contacted me and pointed me to the contact he emailed.:bowdown: I was able to get the same price he offered Big E. Again a big Thanks to you! Also this is where Blanca comes into!:thumbsup: He was suggesting trying them out too, since the CZ deal was a dud for me!:banghead: Many, Many, Many weeks later.... leading to a month or two.... after talking to another Nick (Nick Kister works for MotoWheels.com) A new set of rims come in from Italy. I get an email the day before I leave for Mexico, I email back and ask him to hold them for me until I get back. That he did!:cheerleader: So, I get back and order them. They show up the following Monday. And then it started..... the texts to a few members, then pics, and some videos. Now its time to share with the ORG!..........

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0655.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0667.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

In the process I removed the ORANGE OZ STICKERS. I felt they took away from the rims. I did weigh a few parts but got side tracked near the end so I only have a few things to share. The stock rear rim with tire (Worn), super sprox sprocket, cush drive, and rotor weigh in at 36.5lbs. The rear OZ rim with tire (New), super sprox sprocket, cush drive, and rotor weigh in at 34lbs. 2.5lbs to 3lbs lighter. My bath room scale would move around .5lbs up or down. I forgot to weight the front rim with all its stuff on it like the rear.:banghead: I had a few things throw me off from it, so it didnt happen.

What I can tell you is, the busa is easier to turn from side to side, it accelerates quicker, and wants to lift the front wheel more quickly. I only got a 3 mile ride in, before the weather here went to crap!

Glad to see your finally all set Tim, its been quite the journey to say the least. I cant wait to here what ya think of em when you can get a good days riding in:thumbsup:

Very cool! Looks great.

So was that the sprocket you where selling??

Very cool! Looks great.

So was that the sprocket you where selling??

John the super sprox sprocket that came with the OZ Piega rims I painted bedliner spray black for a texture semi flat black look. The bolt pattern is different then the CZ sprocket I have.:banghead: So the CZ sprocket is still for sale.... Which is sad because the sprocket I got looks great from :thumbsup:

IMHO the OZ rims have a nicer quality then the CZ's. I still think the CZ's look really good, they give the busa a more upscale modern look. The OZ's for me look more function over form, which I dont mine. I think they look more like a stock rim, and like the fact it is more stealthy! So far Karen and a few friend who have seen it in person love it! They were not fans of the gold!

$3900 :omg: :omg: :omg:
Um...... No! I got the forged aluminum. They are listed at $2200. With the BigE discount! It made it worth the extra $50 bucks to swing to them. $1650 was the CZ prize plus I had to buy a sprocket (supersprox in 530) at $120 buck (which was $20 more then the regular gold one, since I had mine made in black) So, my CZ deal was a total of $1770. The OZ deal was $30 bucks more with a sprocket thrown into the total price. I am happy with them and they are built nicely. Definitely a quality set of rims! For me I see function over form first!

Um...... No! I got the forged aluminum. They are listed at $2200. With the BigE discount! It made it worth the extra $50 bucks to swing to them. $1650 was the CZ prize plus I had to buy a sprocket (supersprox in 530) at $120 buck (which was $20 more then the regular gold one, since I had mine made in black) So, my CZ deal was a total of $1770. The OZ deal was $30 bucks more with a sprocket thrown into the total price. I am happy with them and they are built nicely. Definitely a quality set of rims! For me I see function over form first!

Phew! I was worried for a sec lol

In that case, :super:

Back