new Zero Gravity windscreen.....Sucks?

voodoolord

Registered
Just installed a zero gravity sport touring wind screen and It directs the air right into my face shield in my normal riding position. I should have just followed the angle of the screen up to see where the wind would hit but I had to get back to work and after a 35 mile ride Im definetly not impressed. Is the double bubble any better? Is there a screen out there that puts the wind over your helmet as well as your shoulders? I need to return this but want to make sure I get the right one. also is riding at night with a tinted screen a bad Idea? I cant keep installing and returning them so help a brother out. Thanks for any advice.
voodoo

I use to use double bubble wind screen. It didnt really deflect the wind over my helmet while normal riding, but at higher speeds made it easier to tuck under. Don't know if there is a windscreen for our bikes to totally deflect it over, but maybe someone may have some input. The tinted never really effected me with seeing through.

Where does the wind deflect to when your sitting up on the tank? How tall are you? stock seat? I really want to get this worked out. Especially the wind over the shoulders, It would be nice to keep warm in the winter.

You might give ZG a call, I heard they use to offer a screen that is not listed on the site called a XX-Tall I think. TheTouring screen is 3" taller than stock and the unlisted is like 7" of course that is if they even still offer it.

Hmm that may be overkill. I was wondering if their were different shaped screens that are better for long distance and keeping the wind off you.

I had similar results with the ZG ST windshield. It had the air just right where it buffeted me pretty bad and with my wife on the back I had to actually hunch up on the tank to stop it cause above 60 with her on the back it was bad enough it blurred my vision. I'm 6'3" and long waisted. The air blast hit me right at the bottom of the chin bar and swirled around my shoulders or pushed up on the helmet.

I got the ZG double bubble and really like it plus it's wife approved. The air hits me in the chest and moves around much smoother.

my double bubble hits me in the middle of my helmet during regular riding instead of my stock screen which hit me in my chin and was always wobbling my helmet around and made it uncomfortable to ride... longer rides its alot more comfortable

The db is just like the stocker except it's like the center was raised straight up a few inches. Lays back the same basic angle as stock so it flows with the body much better.

is there any screen that protects your shoulders as well as your head? I know that when you get outside of the stock dynamics you are less aerodynamic but there has to be a screen out there that can give you a complete wind bubble. aside from the screen style issue do you guys find yourselve's tucking low on long trips or just dealing with the wind? I love the bike but I bought it thinking I could make it a comfortable cruiser. I hope I wasn't mistaken.

I forget the brand but i did see a taller windscreen for the busa but honestly it made the bike look ridiculous. I rock a zero gravity double bubble, works just fine in the tuck. If I wanted a bigger screen I'll buy a gold wing :laugh:

I'm using the "factory" double bubble type wind screen (Puig with a kanji on it), and have no buffeting what so ever. I'm 6'2", so unless I tuck, I'm in the slip stream, but no problems that I've ever noticed. Lot of helmet buffeting can come from the helmet itself. I've had them before that were bouncing my head around at 45 mph, but my Arai is perfectly smooth at 100mph, with the stock windscreen or the DB version.

I believe most windscreens offered for the hayabusa will not deflect wind resistance when riding in normal position. I've had several aftermarket windscreens with same result. For these to give wind resistance the rider needs to be in a race tuck, like a jockey.

There are some touring windscreens that offer an extended section of material, some even come with a lip. I guess it depends on your riding preference. Easy to swap them out if you had the touring one for long trips.

Use the search option an type " vario ". It's a windscreen that has a wing/spoiler. The full name is VARIO MRA. They are expensive though!!!

I think you are looking for something that is hard to do on a sport bike. On the Hayabusa you are a part of the aerodynamics, that was a part of it's genius. That being said, I use the Puig and it works very well, but it only gets the wind up to your head/shoulders. Anything more is going to look odd and not really complement the lines of the bike.

You really need to send a PM to pashnit and tell what you need. He can help you out.

Hmm maybe they make one for the Busa:rofl:

strangest-motorcycle-3_600x0w.jpg

Back