How do you carry your spare / 2nd / passenger helmet?

bungee_net.gif
View attachment 1593327
roadgear-bungee-in-a-bag-top.jpg

LINKY>>>> bungee net on mototrcycle - Bing Images

that's the one good thing about living in IL, you don't have to have one :lol:

Audiomaker said:
Helmet clips? I don't think I've seen those.

Take of the rear seat and look for the lil black hooks on the sub frame. Put the D ring from the lid on those, put the seat back on and your good to go.

Take of the rear seat and look for the lil black hooks on the sub frame. Put the D ring from the lid on those, put the seat back on and your good to go.

yup thats what I do when I stop somewhere and instead of hanging my helmet on the mirror or somewhere I just chip it upder the hump.

I've ridden many times with a second helmet hanging from the RH hook under the back seat. Sometimes the helmet strap gets loose and whips around, but there's no apparent rash on the rear faring or the hemet from riding like this.

All that being said, more often than not, I'm riding with the hump back there -- no need for the second helmet then.

When I stop, I almost always hang the hemet from the hook under the hump. I've had a helmet stolen because I left it on a mirror before. That realy sucks when you have to ride home in a state with a helmet law (& no helmet on your head) -- not to mention they don't exactly give those things away.

--Sky

I dont like riding with one hanging off the side of my bike. It will scratch the paint real bad. I have put the helmet on the hooks under the seat while sitting somewhere. If you put the D ring one the hook and someone cuts it off the helmet is no good to them. I guess you can replace the straps but someone goes through that trouble really wont use it anyway IMO

Back