Parking & Inspection Stickers...

Flicka

Professional Booga Flicka
Registered
I have a parking sticker that needs to go on my bike. It's supposed to go on the windscreen or somewhere down on the forks. It's about the size of the state inspection stickers that some of you guys have, so where are you putting them?

I really don't want it on the windscreen, and I don't want to stick it directly on the fork tube. It's the same material as the annual license plate stickers here in TN, so once it sticks to something, it would be a huge pain to remove. I've seen cruisers with plates that attach to the fork tube, but those may not work with a sportbike's inverted forks. It needs to be clearly visible so the little power-trippers in parking services don't have the bike towed.

Any ideas?

Ive had a couple buddies that actually cut a small thin sheet of glass and place the stickers on there and then keep it in the trunk of thier bike and when they parked just pull it out and set it on the inside of the windscreen. Quick n easy n wont cramp your style :thumbsup:

Ive had a couple buddies that actually cut a small thin sheet of glass and place the stickers on there and then keep it in the trunk of thier bike and when they parked just pull it out and set it on the inside of the windscreen. Quick n easy n wont cramp your style :thumbsup:

Until some jerk steals it. Plexiglass with a piece of velcro then attach it to your windshield. Still run the risk of theft though.
Try 3m clear vinyl over the fork tube then the inspection sticker.

You could use some of that screen protector plastic for a smartphone on the windscreen and then the parking pass over that.

Could think about getting a lowering strap mount for one of your calipers. Either get one of these plates from your dealer or I would make one out of plexiglass to suit your size needs and mount to the bracket.

It may not be the prettiest thing in the world but would be a semi temp/perm mount that you could remove anytime you want.

2012-08-22 10.43.53.jpg

2012-08-22 10.44.37.jpg

I use the plastic "filler" piece that sits on top of the fuse box (left handlebar area)

Don't you have to put registration numbers on that bass boat anyway?? :poke:

What about sticking it on top of one of your resevoirs (clutch or brake)? You could then just replace the cover when you no longer need the parking sticker.

If you don't want to look at it while riding, you could easily manufacture a piece of metal or plexiglas that would slip over the resevoir (but not appear removeable) and remove it whenever you are not in the lot.

--Sky

Thanks for the ideas. For some reason the rules are pretty specific about it being on the windscreen or the forks. I'd much rather put it somewhere else, but they are very eager with the tow trucks around here.

Something else you might want to look at if it needs to be on the forks is this product:

Rescue Tape - World's #1 Brand of Silicone Tape!

You can wrap this around your fork then stick the parking sticker to it. If you want to remove the tape, no problem, carefully slit it with a knife and peel it off. It won't leave a residue or make a mess.

I use this stuff alot and it literally does have a million uses.

--Sky

I have a huge parking pass that I have to display. I laminated it and put six pieces of velcro on the face. I attache it to the inside of my windscreen and put it on when I leave the house in the morning. My windscreen is light smoke and the pass is bright yellow. You can't really see it from a distance and the only thing you see when it is off are the small velcro squares. They look like crap on the GoPro vids though.

Thanks, guys, there are some good ideas in here. I just stopped by the parking office to get a second opinion on location, and it looks like I have a solution. The first girl I spoke with neglected to mention that they have these little things...

image-761739493.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using The Force

image-761739493.jpg

Nice, funny what they forget to tell you sometimes

Now, just don't put that thing through your rotor and forget about it :laugh:

Nice, funny what they forget to tell you sometimes

Now, just don't put that thing through your rotor and forget about it :laugh:

Yeah, I was surprised they had something like this. I think it will go through the mirror mount on the 14R, which should be close enough to the windscreen. If not, I have a couple of bright orange reminder cables for my disc locks that should help out.

Sent from my iPhone using The Force

Back