Thinking about it....

02BusaAndy

Registered
Well, I think it might be time for me to get a gen II busa. I have owned an 2001, two 2002's, two 2003's and a 2004 busa and I am thinking about going with a gen II. A good friend of mine has a 2009 busa that has 1,500 miles on it cause he purchased it new and only rides it when he is home, he is in the millitary and spends most of his time on an aircraft carrier. He asked me if I would like to buy the bike off him and he would purchase a new one when he gets out of the service. The bike is mint and I personally put 300 of the miles on it. I really like the bike and was just seeing what you guys thought. He wanted to get $9,000 for the bike and I think it's very worth it being that the bike is almost brand new with not 1 mod. Let me know your thoughts on this...

I think if you are happy with price and you like the bike, buy it. You have already put 300 miles on it, what is making this decision difficult for you?

:stupid: The Gen II is in my future but not right now. I would like to ride one and you're one step further than me. Go for it:thumbsup:

Put 36K on an '06, and have put close to 31K on an '08. You will not regret it :poke:

I really wanted another boosted busa and being that I just found out that the turbo kits are interchangable from 99-12, that really makes me happy cause I will pull it off my 02' and put it on the 09'. Plus the fact that my race arm will fit on this bike helps also. I love the bike but was just thinking about what you guys thought about the price. I mean $9,000 for an 09' with 1,500 miles is like buying a brand new bike..

You will be helping a friend out and getting a great bike. I would say you know the bike as good as he does. Go for it:thumbsup:

Just do it. If you are comfortable with the deal that's all that matters.

I really wanted another boosted busa and being that I just found out that the turbo kits are interchangable from 99-12, that really makes me happy cause I will pull it off my 02' and put it on the 09'. Plus the fact that my race arm will fit on this bike helps also. I love the bike but was just thinking about what you guys thought about the price. I mean $9,000 for an 09' with 1,500 miles is like buying a brand new bike..

They aren't interchangeable the throttle bodies are different so you will need a different plenum.....otherwise, go for it! :thumbsup:

Back