Aftermarket Seat Recommendations

goalie31

Registered
I rode from the Chicago area to Indy on Sunday and back the same day. By the time I got back home the area between those vital parts was numb, and are still waking up today. My bum was killing me after an hour of riding. that stock seat needs to find the bin. Can I get some recommendations from the forum? I have an 04 limited.

My "parts" thank you in advance.

Corbin works for me. I love it. The longest ride I've ever done was 1,200 miles in 21 hours.
Here's a pic.
65054d1d.jpg

Seats are like tires, everyone has a different preference. I have had the Tobin and now run a Corbin. I liked the Tobin because it made me feel planted and set me in the bike versus sitting on the bike if that makes sense. I have the Corbin on my 09 and so far I like it. I slide around a little more than I prefer, but can ride all day with no issues.

There are tons of threads on this topic. Try the search.

I have a Corbin and love it.

I also researched the options for the Gen 1. I would also be happy with one of these other options:

Rick Mayer - Send in your pans and he'll build you a custom seat made for your exact body shape and size.

Sargent - Send in your pans and they will build you a seat. They do not offer "off the shelf" seats for the Gen 1.

There are a lot of folks with the New Image seats, but I don't consider these so much a touring seat as just a cool custom seat.

There are tons of threads on this topic. Try the search.

I have a Corbin and love it.

I also researched the options for the Gen 1. I would also be happy with one of these other options:

Rick Mayer - Send in your pans and he'll build you a custom seat made for your exact body shape and size.

Sargent - Send in your pans and they will build you a seat. They do not offer "off the shelf" seats for the Gen 1.

There are a lot of folks with the New Image seats, but I don't consider these so much a touring seat as just a cool custom seat.

Good itemized options

Would be nice to have general costs next to each to know as that can be a driving factor as well.

Some sacrifice comfort for style and vice versa....... hard to find the best of both worlds:banghead:

Good itemized options

Would be nice to have general costs next to each to know as that can be a driving factor as well.

If you are really interested in a custom/comfortable seat, then you will want to spend some time on the appropriate websites studying and researching all the options. There is no "general cost". The custom shops will make your seat to your exact specs. There are many options when it comes to cover material, leather style, color, embroidery, etc. A bare bones Corbin is $279 (I think) for a front seat and the prices go up from there.

I'm cheap. I scoured the net and found a used Corbin for a C note. It's possibly the best seat I've ever owned... for any bike. No compromise for style and comfort, but that's subjective, now isn't it?

A bare bones Corbin is $279 (I think) for a front seat and the prices go up from there.

Woops, sorry, the Corbin front is $259, and both Mayer and Sargent start out about $319 for front seat only.

Even though I have a Corbin, I may still send my pan to one of these places. They just look so nice!

Woops, sorry, the Corbin front is $259, and both Mayer and Sargent start out about $319 for front seat only.

Even though I have a Corbin, I may still send my pan to one of these places. They just look so nice!
I just got my new Corbin and it was 295 shipped. I have put about 200 miles on it and it is starting to feel better. I have an extra pan and am thinking about buying some of the closed cell seat foam and fabricating my own. I have been playing around with different things over the years and always like trying things. I like the way Sleepless red's seat looks. It is a big difference in his and mine. See the difference Maybe mine is just not broke in as well as his :laugh:

DSC_0005.jpg

I like the way Sleepless red's seat looks. It is a big difference in his and mine. See the difference Maybe mine is just not broke in as well as his :laugh:

Yours is a Gen 2. Sleepless has a 2007 (Gen 1). The Corbins are different for Gen 1 and 2.

Still searching for the right seat. Gone through 4 so far. Normal riding, actually prefer the Zero Gravity Latigo, but I need a 1000 Mile Day seat.

7139371867_7a2208f591_b.jpg

7430152928_8997fc074d_b.jpg

7829426820_d46cde315f_b.jpg

So far I have a Gen1 Corbin, stock, and Tobin drag seat.

My thoughts on this are that just like car seats and sofas, the one that feels the best when you first sit in it may not be the one that saves your butt, and back over a long run.

I ran the Corbin on a 2700mi run and I'll tell ya, it was hard as wood. I really hated the way it felt when I first got on it.

On the other hand, it's wide and I felt like I was sitting on my cheeks, not sinking in and distributing weight and heat to areas not designed to carry weight (and don't like excess heat for days either).

Until I have a chance to try a different seat for 600mi rides, I can't really comment, but I did have a long ride to ponder the benefits of a more firm and wide saddle, which the Corbin is.

The ride I took was quite hot. Now that I'm home in the Pacific Northwest, I'm considering sending the Corbin out for a little more cush. I have the rear too with the backrest by the way...just as hard.

Anyway...

Sean

TN to NY in a day on my Tobin seat, my butt was the only thing not in pain after the ride :lol:

It takes a week or so to get used to it, but I'm on my 3rd season with it and I'm lovin it

Corbin! I counted it up and I've owned over 15 of em! I was told (at the factory) that the philosophy/physics is......not cushy padding but MORE swept area for your rear, therefore less psi for any given point of contact. When you add in esthetics, quality materials, the shape and materials ability to slide across for high performance riding (corner set up), durability, AND the fact that you can sit in their restaurant eating a cheesburger and watch, through glass, a technician make YOUR seat right after you tell him what you want.....is a winning combination!

P1010552.JPG

Corbin! I counted it up and I've owned over 15 of em! I was told (at the factory) that the philosophy/physics is......not cushy padding but MORE swept area for your rear, therefore less psi for any given point of contact. When you add in esthetics, quality materials, the shape and materials ability to slide across for high performance riding (corner set up), durability, AND the fact that you can sit in their restaurant eating a cheesburger and watch, through glass, a technician make YOUR seat right after you tell him what you want.....is a winning combination!

That's because it's a gen1 Corbin.
I have a gen2 now, it's good, but no where near as good as their gen1.
Corbin really dropped the ball going from the gen1 to 2.

Back