Raydog bites the dust!

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
I said Joe Salas (4theriders.com) is an amazing photographer...this is really why...he is also a racer and has a camera that shoots 8 frames a second!

Ralph (Pacemaster) and myself were dicing way too fast for a track day and at the end of the day on a really hot track. I felt invincible with knee down, controlled turns, it was wonderful. I had caught up to Ralph (after a lot of work!) and was thinking "I wanna go by him on the inside of this corner coming up" (he would probably pass me on the next corner but that's not the point!) SUDDENLY I low sided and the bike went away (50-60 mph I think).

I'm fine (ALWAYS WEAR THE BEST GEAR) but here's the amazing thing....JOE was capturing the whole thing as it went down!

There's way more to the story but I want to get this posted and have to do a bunch of stuff in prep for tomorrows ride. Look at the below amazing pictures! A lot of these events leave the rider somewhat unclear as to how the get off occurred, saying "just goin too fast for the tires" or "track was too hot", etc. I actually know the whole story! I leaned the Busa over too far and scraped the Woodcraft stator cover...lifting my front tire at full lean!

Enjoy this amazing sequence. I'll ck back soon. Doyle

NM1U5778.jpg

NM1U5779.jpg

NM1U5780.jpg

NM1U5781.jpg

NM1U5782.jpg

NM1U5783.jpg

NM1U5784.jpg

NM1U5785.jpg

NM1U5786.jpg

NM1U5787.jpg

NM1U5788.jpg

NM1U5789.jpg

NM1U5790.jpg

NM1U5791.jpg

NM1U5792.jpg

NM1U5793.jpg

NM1U5795.jpg

NM1U5794.jpg

NM1U5796.jpg

NM1U5797.jpg

Doyle that is no way to end a session, good to see you know what happened and you are able to get up, looks like not too much damage was done as the bike only slid away. Now don't do it again.

And the finish (last is "the gang" debriefing about the crash) sorry if I screwed up the sequence, etc. that was a lot of pics! Doyle

NM1U5798.jpg

NM1U5799.jpg

NM1U5800.jpg

NM1U5801.jpg

NM1U5802.jpg

NM1U5803.jpg

NM1U5804.jpg

NM1U5805.jpg

IMG_9282.jpg

Doyle- I am glad you are ok and I enjoyed the hell out of today, I also look forward to future track days with you.

Thanksfully your bike faired much better today than mine did.

Scott

Great set of pics, thanks for sharing... shows the importance of being both comfortable and knowledgable... scraping hardparts is tough to get past... glad you have a good gear policy! Great that you are back up and at it!

:poke:well if your gonna wipeout, the track is a great place for it. :bowdown:

i am glad both of you will live to ride again. :thumbs:
watch yourself for a while and if your not feelin ok, get to a Dr. , quick!:rulez:

now, let us see the bike. :whistle:

Get some close ups of that woodcraft and offer to be a spokesman maybe they send a new slide for the side.. cause it looks like it held up real well.. Us people who have gone for a slide on our OEM covers can testify just little it takes to crack, grind it off to the creme y soft fillings inside :laugh:

Glad you are well :thumbsup:

Glad your okay buddy and sorry about the get off... Remember the story of the 160 mph get off with the lsl sliders I told you about here... they work no cheap ebay sliders would have done that...

lmk if i need to overnight you anything..

Doyle didn't bite the dust, he got up to ride another day... Good gear, instincts and habits... Glad you are okay but sorry for the bike Doyle.. looks like a winter project.

Doyle didn't bite the dust, he got up to ride another day... Good gear, instincts and habits... Glad you are okay but sorry for the bike Doyle.. looks like a winter project.

Thanks Doug, certainly a humbling experience! Doyle

Glad your okay buddy and sorry about the get off... Remember the story of the 160 mph get off with the lsl sliders I told you about here... they work no cheap ebay sliders would have done that...

lmk if i need to overnight you anything..

Thank you Daniel, I will! Doyle

Great set of pics, thanks for sharing... shows the importance of being both comfortable and knowledgable... scraping hardparts is tough to get past... glad you have a good gear policy! Great that you are back up and at it!

Thanks for your thoughts Shawn, btw, Semper Fi. Doyle

Back