Ramblings on my bike project

methodicreign

Registered
I've had my Gen I for a little over a year now and I have been dying to cut into it and personalize it since a day before i picked it up. However my ex was to say the least, in my way about it. She is gone now and I have free reign to do whatever I want without hearing about it for hours on end and eventually fighting the urge to kill her just for some peace and quiet. All that being said I had no idea where to start. I'm pretty goo dwith a wrench and even better with a slodering gun so I figured the first thing to do was a 32 bit conversion. as we can all attest to I started looking for the parts and some how to's when I kept coming across new and even more exciting parts and mods and things to do so I decided to make a list.
figured I already had the ball rolling on the 32 bit conversion but to take full advantage of that I'd need ecueditor as well. To get an accurate read on my air fuel ratio a wideband O2 sensor and gauge were in order. Quick trip my to local auto parts store and I get that squared away. How do I mount a gauge on my busa without hacking it to bits, I ended up making a gauge holder out of 1/8 inch aluminum and hide it under the triple tree clamp and face my gauge up in front so I can read it easily. I have no intention of keeping it there cause its really ugly but for calibrating its a good fit. A quick order from woolich racing and my flasher was en route. Everything shows up at my house and I begin the swap out, to my disgust I find that in my haste I ordered a Gen II flasher and it is pretty useless to me, a quick email to Justin and I had the swap out in place (thanks again, I will buy more parts from you based on customer service alone, let alone quality).

Now I have to wait for my old flasher to go back to austrailia, and a new one to get here, so like an idiot I hit ebay for some more modivation. I decide that a rear hugger and undertail are a good idea, I have cheap access to paint booths and I have a couple pretty good ideas of what I wanna do so why not start playing with body work too. which leads me to a few other areas to work on, I order an auto oiler for those long rides, and some SS brake lines to stop myself better, new brakes pads and fluids, flush to coolant and change all my rubber lines while I am at it. I am considering HID conversions but after reading about all the issues they cause I am a little leary about doing it.

All thats left on my to do list now is a new seat and find a good air brush artist to finihs my paint scheme.
Long story short, I feel victim to the mod illness, what started out as a simple ecu upgrade turned into a couple thousand bucks and hours apon hours of wrench turning and few curse words flying around. We have all done it and I was boared at work and figured I would share my trials and tribulations with people that could understand and hear some of there stories at the same time. I am sure I will find more stuff to play with and change and add or subtract, but until then I'll keep riding during the day and tinkering at night.

If you plan on riding a Gen I at night, plan on going with HIDs. Just make sure you take precautions on start up. On/Off switch or TDR on Low Beam.

which leads me to a few other areas to work on, I order an auto oiler for those long rides,

Don't mean to hijack or anything, but what is the best oiler for the Busa? Or the best oiler in general?

I hate oiling in the motel parking lot, so I did my last 2300 mile trip with one treatment of Dupont Teflon spray. I got wet a few times, and the rollers came home a little bit rust colored :huh2:

What oiler did you buy?

I got a scottoiler, it's a pretty decent vacuum operated unit so you don't have to worry about a bad connection leaking all your oil out all over the ground. it has pros and cons like everything else. search the forum for oilers and you'll find a bunch of threads on the topic.

Back