Saw a really cool motorcycle collection yesterday

Ludicrous Speed

Registered
Went to this friend of a friend's house today. I was told that he had a bunch of motorcycles. I was expecting 30 or 40 bikes. Nothing like what he has! This dude has stuff from every make and manufacturer, of all years from the 40's up to 2004. He had about 200 more in another storage building that was destroyed in an arsonists fire. No insurance on those bikes..... This is about half of his collection

Old Harley he bought from a guy when he was unable to kick start it any more
DSC07029.jpg

Bultaco dirttracker he just finished this spring. The thing looks brand new!
DSC07030.jpg

DSC07032.jpg

Old 1950's BMW that is absolutely perfect
DSC07031.jpg

DSC07034.jpg

These were REALLY cool.... They are called "stowaway scooters" A guy built these prototypes for himself and his wife to ride. Got them patented in 1955 and was going to produce them, but Honda released their revolutionary motorcycle, so he decided not to produce them. He has the patent certificate, the titles and license slips, and an article detailing these scooters.

Oh yeah, these are the only two in the world:

DSC07038.jpg

DSC07036.jpg

DSC07037.jpg

Old Triumph he was working on when we got there:

DSC07035.jpg

One of my favorites: 1971 CB750 Four
DSC07040.jpg

Another rare bike. Whizzer made two prototypes of an electric Whizzer. But never produced them. Guess who has both of them? Here is one:
DSC07041.jpg

Honda NSR 50, and a replica racer that Honda built in 04 to duplicate one of their 60's model race bikes behind it
DSC07042.jpg

RZ 350

DSC07047.jpg

DSC07046.jpg

He had a couple Bultacos
DSC07045.jpg

Three Honda CBX's, including this raked, lowered, and stretched one:
DSC07044.jpg

A yankee? I can't remember the story on this one
DSC07048.jpg

An Excelsior-Henderson from the only year they made a late model bike:
DSC07054.jpg

An old Honda that looks like new
DSC07049.jpg

Really cool old Zook: GT750 Three cyl, water cooled, two stroke. He called it a Water Buffalo:
DSC07050.jpg

DSC07051.jpg

KZ 750
DSC07057.jpg

Harley dirtbike
DSC07056.jpg

An old Sears bike. Thought I had a pic of the entire thing, but can't find it
DSC07052.jpg

DSC07059-1.jpg

DSC07060.jpg

DSC07064.jpg

Honda Rune
DSC07064.jpg

A Bultaco that someone designed a jack shaft on. No matter where the suspension is compressed, the chain tension stays the same. Whoever he bought it from machined all kinds of different parts for it....
DSC07066.jpg

DSC07067.jpg

An old 68 BSA
DSC07068.jpg

DSC07069.jpg

He has another BSA, just like the one my father used to have. Same color and all. I mentioned to him that he did not look like the type of guy to ever get rid of anything, but if he wanted to sell one of the BSA's, to LMK, as I would love to give it to my dad. He had to sell it when we moved to Illinois, and has talked about it ever since. He told me that he would sell the one that was the same color as dads! I talked to the wife about it, and she said that we should buy it and give it to him for Christmas. The guy said it would just need cleaned up, carb cleaned, and a new battery. Said he guarantees I would never find one as nice. I need to go look at it, as it was at another location.

Only problem is that my dad is 78, and mom doesn't want him on a motorcycle....... :banghead: I am probably going to do it anyway, lol

Those of you that know my dad, PLEASE DO NOT MENTION THIS TO HIM :rulez:

DSC07064.jpg

thanks a million for sharing the pictures :bowdown::bowdown:

P.S. Did he have a Busa somewhere in there? ???

What is amazing is that he has a story behind every one of these bikes, and can tel you how much he paid for every bike! And every one has some sort of significance to him. He rides most of them, too, but the ones in the back rows get ridden less:lol:

Wow! Thanks for the memories. Are they for sale? I had an 85 but maybe interested in that 84 Rz350.

As far as I know, they are not for sale. The only reason he was going to sell the BSA to me was that he had two of them, and didn't ride the other. And because it was the same as my dads old bike. It just sickens me to think that over 200 more were lost because of some scumbag that set the fire...

Very nice stable of bikes! I think I would like to have something like that one day.

Back