Zero Gravity Dbl Bbl Wndshld

Yossif

Registered
I have an '06 and am wondering if it's worth getting this windshield.
Will it make a difference in wind deflection ?
I read that the handlebar can come in contact with the windscreen
if turned all the way in either direction. Just wondering if that's true.

Thanks Brethren !!

Had one on my '06, hated how it looked. Wind deflection was better, but, to me the look was all wrong. Wanted the basic shape of the stock windscreen--only taller. That's why I bought a Zero Gravity Sport Touring windscreen(light smoke). Absolutly love it!!!
P.S. The bars did not hit with the double bubble...stock bars, no heli bars or such

Regards, John

My double bubble will be here on Friday. I plan on only using it for long trips and will keep the stock windshield on for any around town riding.

Will it make a difference in wind deflection? I read that the handlebar can come in contact with the windscreen if turned all the way in either direction. Just wondering if that's true.
Thanks Brethren !!

How tall are you? Also how long is your torso + arms? These dimensions affect how you're seated/positioned on the bike and will have a significant bearing on the "effectiveness" of ANY screen.

To answer your question, YES the ZG DB improved the airflow for me (30-in inseam, 70 in tall, long torso, average arms) on my old stock height 01 Busa. The screen NEVER touched the OEM handlebars (no risers/helibars).

My double bubble barely touches the screen with Helibars, but just barely, so don't let that stop you if you plan to get these bars later.

For deflection... I dunno. I guess it's better, but it's not like you're in the dome of silence or anything.

For the look... some like, some don't. I do.

I plan to get a sport touring model for long runs. It's fast to swap screens.

Stock bars won't hit it, I've had mine for 5yrs with no issues. Only had the stocker on for a month so cant really compare wind deflection.

I have an '06 and am wondering if it's worth getting this windshield.
Will it make a difference in wind deflection ?
I read that the handlebar can come in contact with the windscreen
if turned all the way in either direction. Just wondering if that's true.

Thanks Brethren !!

Yossif, I've used 10-15 different windscreens on both my Busa's over the last 10 yrs- on my 5th so far with the '08. ZG Double Bubble is most likely the most common, and most well loved. We have a lot of them in stock in case you need one sent out. No, it does not hit anything. Air flow is very similar with all the brands, personally I think it comes down to The Look.

Zero Gravity - Double Bubble - Clear - on the Gen-II
6260065862_c96e91b1a6_b.jpg

6260011872_dd772807b4_b.jpg

Zero Gravity - Double Bubble - Clear - on the Gen-I
6650129363_c8ab3b23e0_b.jpg

Zero Gravity - Double Bubble - Lite Smoke
6626469351_2450ae8970_b.jpg

Zero Gravity - Double Bubble - Dark Smoke
6650129187_51fb64b47b_b.jpg

I actually did not like the DB. Just not enough wind deflectoin for me.
I went with the Sport Touring and it is night and day diffrence on the highway with wind!!! Highly recomended!!!!!

Misc Family pics July12 013.jpg
Misc Family pics July12 018.jpg
Misc Family pics July12 015.jpg
Misc Family pics July12 020.jpg

Misc Family pics July12 013.jpg

Misc Family pics July12 018.jpg

Misc Family pics July12 015.jpg

Misc Family pics July12 020.jpg

I actually did not like the DB. Just not enough wind deflectoin for me.
I went with the Sport Touring and it is night and day diffrence on the highway with wind!!! Highly recomended!!!!!

View attachment 252460
View attachment 252461
View attachment 252462
View attachment 252463
yes our bikes are considered sport touring bikes by definition but the sport touring windshield really makes them look like sport touring bikes vs. sport bikes imo. I can definately see how the sport touring shield would deflect wind better on the highway tho.

it just takes away from the sporty look too much. I think the DB is a happy medium for most. it looks like two different bikes in the pics you posted. imo it should not make the bike look that much more drastic but two each his own.

I agree about the looks, the DB has the "awesome" factor.
However I am 6'2" and commute about 200 miles a week to school on the highway. So I am kind of biased on the side of functionality. :laugh:

great comparo pics, Sum Beach :thumbsup: . I also favor the ZG ST for long distance trips (for FUNCTION) but switch out to the DB when just zipping around own (primarily for FORM and a bit of function).

Just put on my Zero Gravity double bubble and the first thing I thought... "Holy crap! I can see my gauges!" Loving it so far.

i got the sporttech version i have been more than happy with it...

I had the Suzuki DB on mine and I would get a lot more head movement with it so I put the stock one back on. It might be different now that I have went from the Tobin seat to the Corbin. I like the stock look better

Back