GEN I oil cooler????????????????

LOCAL494BUSA

Registered
any one know of the benefit to removing th oil cooler. I wouldnt think so, but some one tried to sell me oil cooler block off plates, so i figured i would ask???

i figured as much for both cases, drag and turbo, however my 06 will be niether. it will be just a commuter. Is there anything really wrong with doing away with it?

BY the way jeff, HOW WAS YOUR DAY OLD MAN>>>>>>>>:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
J/K

the Busa already runs hot as it is, so removing the oil cooler will only make this problem worse (for both bike and rider)

i figured as much for both cases, drag and turbo, however my 06 will be niether. it will be just a commuter. Is there anything really wrong with doing away with it?

BY the way jeff, HOW WAS YOUR DAY OLD MAN>>>>>>>>:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
J/K

...i went swimmin'(but found no bowlegged women:laugh:).:thumbsup:

(damned Noonan:rofl:)

The only street riding situation that works without an oil cooler is if the bike is unfaired. My naked Busa(without cooler) runs cooler than a fully faired Busa (with cooler). My only way, so far, of measuring is the stock heat gauge. The naked bike,on average, runs one needle thickness toward the cooler side of the gauge. The reason, of course, is all the heat (engine, trans, exhaust system) bleeds off much easier with the much increased airflow across all surfaces. Raydog

busa

Back