Deep cycle/AGM Optima type battery for busa?

There web site they don't seem to use any kind fit by model/manufacturer type of system. Guess you measure the dimensions and the cranking amps to find a fitment that works for ya. Hope someone has done this already if not you are in for a workout:poke: :laugh: measure your battery size h/w/l and post position good luck with this mission and remember if you or any of your team are captured we will deny all knowledge of you:laugh:

Unless you absolutely must have an optima, do yourself a favor and get a 12 cell Ballistic lithium-ion battery. You won't be disappointed.

The smallest Optima is way to big for a Busa... And they are not a very good battery anymore.

Odyssey makes smaller batteries and is a higher quality product too. Deka makes the closest size to stock and works reasonably well when used as a deep cycle.

May I ask why you want a deep cycle?

Gawd, if they would be anything like the car batteries, I'd eat a bug before installing one.

100 people in a row will say Optimas are the greatest thing around but I've had nothing but problems with them.

Basically, they work fine as long as nothing goes wrong, but get some charging system spikes, or a few jumpstarts and they're toast. Way too fragile IMHO.

That Lithium battery posted above looks great! I love anything with Lithium in it ever since my mother started taking it ;)

Sean

I have one experience with a Ballistic. I had a customer install a 16 cell in his Harley (trouble bike, S&S, big inches, and no compression releases) and after a month the battery melted itself on startup. Called Chip at Ballistic to find out what happened and he blew me off. So I never ordered any to sell and prefer to wait on the fence until the technology is a little older.

I will say it's good that the battery did not catch fire like other Lithium technology batteries such as Grrreen or whatever they are.

For now I will stick to selling Deka and Odyssey as my top end motorcycle products.

I have one experience with a Ballistic. I had a customer install a 16 cell in his Harley (trouble bike, S&S, big inches, and no compression releases) and after a month the battery melted itself on startup. Called Chip at Ballistic to find out what happened and he blew me off. So I never ordered any to sell and prefer to wait on the fence until the technology is a little older.

I will say it's good that the battery did not catch fire like other Lithium technology batteries such as Grrreen or whatever they are.

For now I will stick to selling Deka and Odyssey as my top end motorcycle products.

Ahhh...so much for that idea.

"trouble bike"? I like that whatever it means :)

Ahhh...so much for that idea.

"trouble bike"? I like that whatever it means :)

I call them trouble bikes because they kill batteries. Guys that build choppers/custom bikes like to use the smallest possible battery, which is a really bad idea with a big inch high compression v twin engine. The motor needs 400-600 amps to turn over and start and they install a battery that only has 300 or so. It works for about 6 months while the battery is at 100% then starts having issues when the battery starts getting worn out. I honestly don't think there will be a problem with the Ballistic in a four cylinder sportbike application, I just choose not to do business with a company that won't discuss a problem or call me back. The thing with Lithium technology is it creates a ton of heat if it's dead shorted or overcharged. Normally not a big deal unless something goes wrong. Traditional batteries can explode too but I've never seen one catch on fire.

How many people on here have had a Ballistic or other Lithium battery for a couple of years and love it? I bet there are quite a few, but I don't care to gamble my business on a new technology as one lawsuit could potentially put me out of business.

Back