can you guess what I did?

1ibandit

Registered
ForumRunner_20120803_172804.png

ForumRunner_20120803_172841.png

ForumRunner_20120803_172918.png

Fricken master link.... 300 miles.. on it... Back side pin pulled out from what I see....

ForumRunner_20120803_172804.png

ForumRunner_20120803_172841.png

ForumRunner_20120803_172918.png

Big E said:
Was that the only damage?

The cover for the sprocket broke, but can be fixed. Not sure about the push rod oil seal... Well have to see when parts come in.

That sucks big time brother. Will it be back together by next weekend? If not what are you riding?

if the cover for the sproket broke call justin at honda toledo east and replace it, its ****ty pot metal/aluminum and doesnt weld worth a dam trust me found that out a month ago

Lurch said:
That sucks big time brother. Will it be back together by next weekend? If not what are you riding?

Hoping to have it done... If not I have three other bikes... I will be at the MnG

Hoping to have it done... If not I have three other bikes... I will be at the MnG

Was just kind of curious which bike you would bring if it was not done. I had no doubt you will be there. LOL:laugh:

progressive dammage takes out expensive parts...consider yourself lucky if a cheap fix

hate to see that! hopefully that is the full extent of the damage and you will be back on the road soon :beerchug:

I believe you have to separate the cases to replace that seal, I could be wrong

Honda East Justin said:
I believe you have to separate the cases to replace that seal, I could be wrong

To do the seal right yes you have to crack the case. I am hoping to hobble through the season without cracking them open. I have planed on cracking the cases this winter and get under cut gears, because second gear slips at times. I also have to crack the cases on my sons 600 seca2 to do a started clutch...

Oh fun winter this year... Man shed will get a workout....

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

To do the seal right yes you have to crack the case. I am hoping to hobble through the season without cracking them open. I have planed on cracking the cases this winter and get under cut gears, because second gear slips at times. I also have to crack the cases on my sons 600 seca2 to do a started clutch...

Oh fun winter this year... Man shed will get a workout....

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Well let me know when you decide to tear into and I'll get you parts needed to get it fixed right :thumbsup:

I ground the new seal to a smaller diameter and pressed it up against the old one, put silicone around it and made a star lock washer to hold it in place. Never had to crack open the case and it does not leak now :thumbsup:

Back