Riding Scene in Tampa

Kainedogg

Registered
Getting ready to PCS with the Fam to McDill AFB, Tampa and was wondering what the riding lifestyle was like down there. Coming from Shaw AFB, Sumter, I hardly got any riding in, not because I couldn't but because I just hated the place, and rural feel of it, plus that many public roads should not have more dirt and debris than an enduro event. Just looking for good people to ride with, to include to Ybor City :laugh:

Lived in Tampa over 30 years, still work there. Riding can be miserable there. Cars have no respect for us more so then anywhere else we ride and its quite congested, especially on weekends. Most riders head outside Tampa such as Lutz, Land O' Lakes, Plant City, Riverview just to name a few. Alot better riding and safer. Tampasportbikes.com has rides put together every weekend in these areas. Hope this helps but not discourage too much. Hit us up when ready, always looking to ride.

It's Florida so, theres A lot of OLD people driving. Like mentioned above riverview, mulberry, brooksville, etc are all nice areas to ride.

Thanks guys, I use to ride in Atlanta so though rusty, I may just survive. Renting a house in Riverview and I will definitely shoot a pm when I get down there this month.

Back