Riders Down

karnage

Registered
We had a run to Ocean shores for surf and turf and a gal texting hit a biker, killed him and took out 6 other bikers.Same day another hit and run, killed a couple on theyre bike as well.When are they going to outlaw these phones.My busddy was hit last week on his Duc by an asshat texting and thought he can make the light, cut him off.Luckily it was at 35mph.Has a broken foot and bruises. bike is totalled.Cops saw the whole thing but dont know if they ticketed the guy.

That's awful :down: I wish they'd outlaw texting while driving everywhere AND enforce it! It's illegal here in VA, but I see people constantly doing it :banghead:

This really shouldn't be that difficult with technology nowadays.. Can't they just use the GPS on the phone to shut off data while the phone is moving?

This really shouldn't be that difficult with technology nowadays.. Can't they just use the GPS on the phone to shut off data while the phone is moving?

Isn't it sad though, that we have to rely on technology to do what common sense won't? Just pathetic :(

Isn't it sad though, that we have to rely on technology to do what common sense won't? Just pathetic :(

Not a fair option. What if you are a passenger? I see this proposed all the time, but it's not something that can really be implemented.

Like ABS/Traction Control, back up sensors, etc, etc, etc....

That applies to the safety of a vehicle. I was saying it's sad that as a society, we may actually see something like when the same can be done by a driver opting to not text and drive...oh, and I think the back up sensors are hysterical, as are the cars that can parallel park for you. What ever happened to the driver DRIVING? :laugh:

Not a fair option. What if you are a passenger? I see this proposed all the time, but it's not something that can really be implemented.

So what if you are a passenger... If its important enough, call the person.. I don't see this being an issue.

That applies to the safety of a vehicle. What ever happened to the driver DRIVING? :laugh:

I still see these things as "enablers." They give people a false sense of security. How about learning to drive your car instead of having the car driving for you. ESPECIALLY in evasive/emergency maneuvers.. We need more strict licensing for automobiles if you ask me. I'd freely take a "refresher" test every year if required. If that would help keep the blue hairs and teenage girls off the road, I'm game...

I still see these things as "enablers." They give people a false sense of security. How about learning to drive your car instead of having the car driving for you. ESPECIALLY in evasive/emergency maneuvers.. We need more strict licensing for automobiles if you ask me. I'd freely take a "refresher" test every year if required. If that would help keep the blue hairs and teenage girls off the road, I'm game...

I agree and now I'm scared...we never agree, mostly because you're not as smart as I am :whistle:

its illegal here as well but often difficult to prove since you need a search warrant to go thru someones phone. phones are like computers (smart phones) and a lot of personal information is on computers these days.

if we have reason to believe someone is texting when an accident occurs we will get a search warrant for their phone records and attorneys hired for those involved in accidents will get subpoenas for those records as well. but you need more then a hounch. you need a witness and they are often hard to find and a lot of people just dont want to be bothered even if they did see someone on their phone.

when a phone is up to ones ear its easier to prove but not when its on someones lap and they are simply looking down.

its one of the main reasons I have no desire to own a liter bike and carve corners. too many ppl texting and crossing over the double yellow to end ur day or life.

We are ALL guilty of inattentive driving.. I'm not trying to be "holier than thou" but I'm just saying that if they made it so we couldn't do it, there wouldn't be a problem, right? Or actually REALLY charge people for doing it...

I've seen cops doing it here in Milwaukee.. :whistle:

it seems like more and more riders are going down every year. :banghead::banghead:
If i m not worng I dont think last year at this time we had this many riders go down or maybe we just didnt hear about some of them. :banghead:

it seems like more and more riders are going down every year. :banghead::banghead:
If i m not worng I dont think last year at this time we had this many riders go down or maybe we just didnt hear about some of them. :banghead:

I think more are going down however I think thats partially becuase the rise of bike sales. These people on cell phones and everything are getting much worse but I did see a gentleman reading a book the other day while driving I had to stop and look again to make sure I was seeing correctly! Makes me wanna knock there mirror off and ask WTF are you thinking?

I think more are going down however I think thats partially becuase the rise of bike sales. These people on cell phones and everything are getting much worse but I did see a gentleman reading a book the other day while driving I had to stop and look again to make sure I was seeing correctly! Makes me wanna knock there mirror off and ask WTF are you thinking?

I've seen multiple people reading paperback books while driving! I'm completely floored when I see that, but I guess they see no issue with it...and lately, seems to be a lot of women putting their makeup on while attempting to keep their huge frickin' SUV between the lines of their lane :banghead:

thats sad, damn cell phones, maybe they should put something in the car to disable it when you drive, or disable the nut trying to use it while driving

Back