DIY Helmet and Gear Rack

Sfcdmajic

Registered
Had been looking for a helmet and jacket rack for a while. Had not found anything that I liked or was willing to pay for. So the wife and I had a DIY moment and created these racks from PVC pipe. Total investment was about $40 with the baskets, those were her touch. Really happy with the end result. Still trying to decide whether I paint them or just leave them. Figured I would live with them for a week or so and then decide.

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

The best thing ive ever found and its amazing for gear is a slightly different version of this Shop Crawford Steel Slatwall Hook at Lowes.com . If you go into their storage area with all of their shelving etc they have a version of that hook thats a bit bigger and is for a flat wall. It works amazing for hanging helmets and using the lower hook to hang your jacket etc. My father and i both use these for hanging gear on, i currently have my leather and my vest hanging on it and my current helmet. Its marketed for weed whackers but it works amazing for gear! oh and is only like 8$ and can catch them on sale for 4 regularly

The best thing ive ever found and its amazing for gear is a slightly different version of this Shop Crawford Steel Slatwall Hook at Lowes.com . If you go into their storage area with all of their shelving etc they have a version of that hook thats a bit bigger and is for a flat wall. It works amazing for hanging helmets and using the lower hook to hang your jacket etc. My father and i both use these for hanging gear on, i currently have my leather and my vest hanging on it and my current helmet. Its marketed for weed whackers but it works amazing for gear! oh and is only like 8$ and can catch them on sale for 4 regularly

:worthless:

Nice. I am going to steal this idea as I was looking for something just like this. I think you should spend $300 and get them airbrushed with ghost flames :laugh:

Great job. I always got tired of trying to find someplace in the trailer to store boots and other gear, so I designed some gear racks. I have made them for several members here. Way to innovate.:thumbsup:

100_0904boot cady.jpg

can cady.jpg

Attachments

• trailer recent.bmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,193
GSXcite said:
Great job. I always got tired of trying to find someplace in the trailer to store boots and other gear, so I designed some gear racks. I have made them for several members here. Way to innovate.:thumbsup:

I still love those!!!

GSXcite said:
The set for your trailer is coming with me on my next trip down to see dad!:thumbsup:

How much would it be for a double helmet width with a hanger rod underneath if you are still making them.

I looked around Home Depot and they didn't have any wall hooks worth a second look in the shelving area, although I was able to find several that could be combined to make something decent. I like the OP's design quite a bit.

OP, care to share your design in PDF format?

Back