Thought I was gonna be late to work

oeballer50

Registered
So I usually get up at 10 after 6 in the morning so I can leave by 630 to be to work at 7. Well this morning I woke up at 635 rushed to get dressed thinking how my boss is going to kill me for being late (again) then I realized Duhh I ride a hayabusa. Needless to say I wasn't late for work :laugh:

Kids. :banghead: I woke up and looked at the clock it was 6:30. I was to be at work at 07:00. A 25 mile drive. It was dark outside and in the winter. I am getting dressed and slowed down. It was 6:30 pm.

Woke up early on morning and got dressed. Fired up the truck and as usual headed to work. Got to work and a co-worker asked, what are you doing here? It was my day off. :banghead:
We work shifts and not set days off.
I will laugh at me.

I think I would have taken someone's shift and sent them home. Might as well make the money since you got there!

PB1 Sent from my ADR6400L using Forum Runner

There was a post a few weeks ago by a member who had a wreck trying to get to work on time.
I cant stand to rush around first thing in the morning and race the clock adding extra stress wondering if i will make it in time.
wakeup at 5:00
Leave the house at 6:20
Arrive at work 7- 7:05
Start work 730

I cant stand to rush around first thing in the morning and race the clock adding extra stress wondering if i will make it in time.
wakeup at 5:00
Leave the house at 6:20
Arrive at work 7- 7:05
Start work 730

:thumbsup::beerchug:

Especially at the hours you all work..:laugh:
I get up at 3:15AM, leave for work at 4:20- 4:25, get there at 4:45, clock in and go to work at 5:00AM. Just another 9-10 hour day in the steel shop.:thumbsup:

I change shifts often, I always make sure I'm up at least an hour and a half before I have to be at work, gives me 20 minutes to sit halfway dead in the shower while the coffee brews, 10 minutes to eat coffee and whatever I made for breakfast last night (I am NOT a morning person) and 30 minutes to sit around and gather myself so I can arrive 10 minutes early for work.

Nothing good ever comes from trying to haul ass to prevent being late.

I work for an ambulance service my Shifts vary anywheres from 24 hours to 72 hours so I try to sleep as long as I can :banghead:

Up at 03:30, gone by 04:00, arrive at work by 04:20 to 04:25. Start my 5 to 5 shift, days or nights.

Back