SENA SMH10 Review

K.I.N.G.

Registered
Okay, I have had my Sena SMH10 for over a week and I LOVE IT!!! The speakers are the bomb!! They are better than the earbuds I have to end up buying pair after pair because either I lose them or they break. I really don't like things stuck in my ear and the SENA is loud as hell as long as your music device volume is turned all the way up. I can't tell a difference. The phone aspect is great! Everyone can hear me and have no I idea that I am on my bike. Great purchase for $160 off of eBay!!!

I have the EXACT SAME review! I can't believe how good the Sena's work! I've used Chatterboxes before and these blow everything out of the water!

I have a good friend using a single Autocomm system, and he used my Sena unit, and ripped his out of his "trunk". He now uses the Sena unit as well.

I also upgraded to the earbud mount, and the sound is even better!! LOVE THESE UNITS!

p.s. don't forget to send HondaEast Justin a PM for a price! :beerchug:

:thumbsup:

Oh well still running my $10 MP3 with $5 earbuds :laugh:

But that $10 MP3 can't give you directions from your GPS, stream music from your phone, make and receive phone calls, AND allow you to talk to other riders/passengers, can it? :laugh:

160 for a comm unit? that sounds great. i was trying to figure out how i was going to afford the autocom system. ill have to check it out

160 for a comm unit? that sounds great. i was trying to figure out how i was going to afford the autocom system. ill have to check it out

$160 is for the single unit. Its about $300 for the dual, but worth every penny. 2 year warranty to boot! They work great!

I recently broke down and went to blue tooth - Went with Sena! Blue Tooth has final arrived as a viable communication system. They work great right out of the box. I've ridden over 500 miles and battery lasted all day... Syncs perfectly with my 3 year old Droid. Music, GPS directions, phone calls, I can even voice dial calls. Say "Call home" and my kid is picking up the phone - awesome. Call quality is very good.

As for the speakers which have traditionally been the down fall of helmet systems - the Sena speakers work very well - they are plenty loud. Sound quality does fall off at higher highway speeds (so do ear buds) but at 60 mph it is entirely acceptable even in my modular hemlet which has a bit more wind noise then a standard full face helmet.

The knobs are easy to manipulate with gloves and the beeps are intuitive so you know whats ie "on, off, skip, mute, sync. You can skip forward, back and mute songs and get internet radio.

Yes - I would recommend to a friend.

One helpful hint is you may need to fiddle with the speaker placement - even a half inch or so up, down, back or forward can make a huge difference in the sound quality. It took a hour of so to get the speakers in the optimal place.

Also, I haven't even done the Bluetooth 3.0 software update. They seem to work fine without the upgrade, however if you use a bluetooth GPS you'll need to upgrade.

brpo, do the update, it takes merely seconds, and the whole unit is better. Voice commands, etc. Its like a whole new unit! :thumbsup:

One other thing - for thirty bucks you can get additional mounts and mics. So you can set up all your "go to" helmets with mounts then just switch the unit from helmet to helmet. Very slick! And perfect for me because I use different helmets for different bikes, rides and weather conditions.

The list goes on and on...

Different volume levels for each input, etc, etc..

Got one too. Loved it for the first 5 months, then started having problems. Device would shut off while riding, lose connectivity, and volume would randomly go to its loudest setting. Then started having charging issues. I've done all the updates as well. Yesterday I had enough of the inconsistency and called sena customer service. The representative sent me some info I need to fill out and seems that they will replace my device. Ill be happy when I get my replacement, but for now I'm a little annoyed.

Ive had mine for two years. The older style. Just love them. I won a set off one of there contests last year. My old one just broke after two years. I sent it in for repair and they sent me a new one in the box with the usb charging. Great company.

I have a good friend using a single Autocomm system, and he used my Sena unit, and ripped his out of his "trunk".

Ripped out his Autocomm::9 Isn't that thing expensive???

Back