front sprocket removal

cerebusa

Registered
Hi, gotta change front sprocket in the am. So what pagew in the serv man? or is it rh or lh threads. Any tricks I should know about? I have the 99-2000 manual< any changes for the 03 model I have?? thanks< Mike:please:

Normal threads righty tighty, lefty loosey :laugh: I guess I've been lucky mine have just spun off. Do you have the socket ? 32 mm

John can correct me, but I just spun mine off with the bike on stands and in gear. I was prepared to put a 2 X 4 through the rear wheel if I had started turning the motor. From memory there was a keeper that required an allen wrench and then the sprocket nut on my '06. Getting ready to do my '08 for the first time soon.

Do not touch the clutch lever :poke: and clean all the crap out of the slave cover and sprocket area.

Important not to touch the clutch lever or your clutch fluid will dump ... I don't remember a "keeper" on my 06. I used a breaker bar and put a 2x4 in the rear wheel to keep it from turning. Have someone sit on the bike if you can as you could put enough pressure on the wrench to topple the bike ... not essential but a nice to have.

Important not to touch the clutch lever or your clutch fluid will dump ... I don't remember a "keeper" on my 06. I used a breaker bar and put a 2x4 in the rear wheel to keep it from turning. Have someone sit on the bike if you can as you could put enough pressure on the wrench to topple the bike ... not essential but a nice to have.

Look at the first pic in the thread krom posted and you'll see it. I call it a keeper it might actually be called something else. :laugh: like speed sensor :whistle:

Back