Sights And Bikes of Home- Kenya

Stripes

Registered
Hey guys. Its me again with more stories and of course pics of bikers doing their thing in my country Kenya. Its amazing how bikers share a special bond of friendship and brotherhood irregardless of borders and nationality, exhibited in their open-hearted desire to share both experiences and information both bike and non-bike related. So, here is more of my country.

My previous thread: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/166291-boys-ride-out-kenya.html

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

wow those roads are surprisingly well maintained and it great condition. but then again Africa probably isnt seeing too much snow these days to cause pot holes you could get lost in like around here....:laugh:

how bout a few pics of a cheeta running along side the Busa....:thumbsup:

Very nice pics, and good write up on riding. Just can't imagine rounding a corner and having to wait on a herd of elephants to move. I did have to wait on a herd of buffalo in yellowstone park, they walked right by the bikes, 2 ft away, thay are BIG that close.

Thanks guys for the appreciation. But...am not done yet. See the lush green? That's how growing tea looks like. A lot of the world's tea comes from here. Makes the landscape look like a soft mattress:laugh:

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

wow those roads are surprisingly well maintained and it great condition. but then again Africa probably isnt seeing too much snow these days to cause pot holes you could get lost in like around here....:laugh:

how bout a few pics of a cheeta running along side the Busa....:thumbsup:

The roads here are actually quite good. Snow doesn't fall around here. In fact I have never seen snow in Kenya in my life :rofl: Even the winters here are quite warm :laugh: We enjoy good weather for riding all year round, no such thing as riding seasons because we ride all year.

About the cheetah, I'll try not get eaten as I take the picture:laugh:

Very nice pics, and good write up on riding. Just can't imagine rounding a corner and having to wait on a herd of elephants to move. I did have to wait on a herd of buffalo in yellowstone park, they walked right by the bikes, 2 ft away, thay are BIG that close.

2 ft away?!!! Wow! That's interesting

thats awesome, so thats where tea comes from, never woulda known that thanks, i really dont think its the cheeta i'd be worried about rather than the black mamba and all those other lovely snakes you guys have over there.

Very nice pics. What kind of camera do you use? Do you get to see much wild life? I have always wanted to take a safari trip to take pics of all the wild life there. Thanks for sharing

Very nice pics. What kind of camera do you use? Do you get to see much wild life? I have always wanted to take a safari trip to take pics of all the wild life there. Thanks for sharing

Kenya is one of the best destinations for safaris. Trust me, you can never go wrong with this place. Hope you watch "The Big Cat Diaries". Its shot here. You'll love it. Yes I do get to see wildlife and in their natural habitat. The annual wildebeest migration is quite a spectacle and one of the wonders of the world. Seeing lions kill, hyenas laughing, leopards stalking...and the list just goes on, are all things you can get to see. Its amazing.

Those pictures make me want to visit Kenya with a bike now. I already planned to visit one day.

PB1 Sent from my ADR6400L using Forum Runner

Those pictures make me want to visit Kenya with a bike now. I already planned to visit one day.

PB1 Sent from my ADR6400L using Forum Runner

You are so welcome, you won't be disappointed :thumbsup:. If its a bike tour you want, you might want to consider renting one locally for the period of your stay. There are companies that rent out bikes of all kinds. You know, may just save you the trouble of travelling with your own bike. Hope that's what you meant

Even more pics. Oh guys I almost forgot. I mentioned about tea earlier. Well, Kenya also produces a lot of the world's coffee as well. Tea and coffee are produced in many parts of the country. See the pictures below, notice the dark green bushes, call them short trees if you prefer. Well, that's coffee right there. Photos 3 & 4 below have a good view of coffee on both sides of the road. Coffee trees or bushes. Large, vast coffee plantations:cheerleader:

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

:thumbs: thanks for the pics!

:poke: what side of the road do you ride on? ??? at 1st it looked like the left....but then :whistle::laugh:
is it the left?

Back