Boys' ride out- kenya

Stripes

Registered
Hey guys. Just wanted to share a few pics.Weather was good and it was a good day for the boys to meet and ride out into the country side and enjoy the twisties away from the the busy city of Nairobi.:cheerleader:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Well for you that have ever had the opportunity to visit my country, ya'll know that the countryside is second to...well...none:laugh:. Don't have pictures that give a really good view but there's a glimpse in the background in some of the pics. Anyhow, more pics

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

37.jpg

39.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg

49.jpg

Great pics ... I enjoy looking at different kinds of bikes. I really like the look of that red and black Suzuki in the third picture. And the country (what we can see) looks very green--like some areas of the northeast United States. You should snap some more pictures when you can--it's nice to see other places in the world.

Very interesting. Are the roads curvy there and is the land flat or hilly, etc. Also, and forgive me for my typical American ignorance of other cultures, are there a lot of sport bikers in Kenya? Are there strict laws for speeding? Tell us a little bit about the scene there. I would also be curious how much a Hayabusa costs there, including insurance.

Sorry for so many questions but you posted :laugh:

Very interesting. Are the roads curvy there and is the land flat or hilly, etc. Also, and forgive me for my typical American ignorance of other cultures, are there a lot of sport bikers in Kenya? Are there strict laws for speeding? Tell us a little bit about the scene there. I would also be curious how much a Hayabusa costs there, including insurance.

Indeed I posted:laugh: Well the biking scene is not as mature like as it is in many other countries but it is far ahead most of our African counterparts. Bikers are growing in number every year and its a good thing that biking is being embraced by more and more people. As for the roads, they're actually quite good in most parts and guess what, the laws against speeding aren't strict although speed limits do exist. Infact you will never need a radar/laser detector:laugh: There was a day I was doing 200km/h on a highway. I don't know whether it was just me or I was enjoying the ride too much that I didnt spot a highway cop car right infront of me. I thought of hitting the brakes and try slow down but it was too late. Next thing, I just flew past them way beyong the speed limit. And guess what, they let it go.:rofl:
Well, we do have plenty of curvy roads, twisties are in abundance. Infact there is a strech of winding road that goes to the highlands in the central part of the country that takes the term twisties to whole new level. I have done it on four wheels am yet to conquer them on two. Long highways for cruising are also in abundance.

Cool pics, thanks for sharing. I'm curious about the animals? Are there any wild animals in the roads or ones lurking around you need worry about?

Cool pics, thanks for sharing. I'm curious about the animals? Are there any wild animals in the roads or ones lurking around you need worry about?

:rofl: I knew it was just a matter of time before someone asked about the animals:laugh: The animals aren't roaming about everywhere. They are found in game reserves and game parks. However these reserves are really vast and are numerous all over the country. There are many highways that cut across these reserves and its on those instances that you have got to keep an eye around you and on the road infront of you. You wouldn't want a deer fleeing a lion crossing your path, or a sprinting cheetah wanting to play catch up with you. Its an interesting place to ride but its not really dangerous. There was this one time I was on the road at night on a road that cuts across a thick forest in a mountan terrain and I had to stop because of a herd of elephants crossing the road. There's really nothing you can do but watch the parade at a safe distance ready to hit the throttle if they decided they don't like how you look:laugh:.

I forgot to mention about the cost of Hayabusas here. THEY ARE DAMN EXPENSIVE.:banghead: Infact they cost about twice as much as in the States. You guys have it really easy. Our tax rates are insane. Sportbikes here are mostly imported from the UK as used and its very justified. Buying bikes new from the UK is out of the question...too expensive. A brand new busa from Japan would cost about $14,000 on a showroom floor in Japan. Then add tax that's a rate of about 1.97 times the CIF of the bike, add freight, and the cost could easily come to $30,000. One is better off buying a used bike that's been well maintained that is just as good as new bike and about half the cost. However used bikes from the UK are also expensive, exchange rate and all ££££. Infact am thinking of getting a bike from the US, used bike prices are better over there.

Back