Brake Pressure

07vigorblue

Donating Member
Registered
I swapped to gen 2 front and I picked up 2010 gsxr1k front calipers and master cylinder. I have te brakes bled with mighty vac and it just is not getting enough pressure. I can still pull the lever to the grip with 1 finger and I can move the front wheel with brakes engaged. I have the lever set all the way out so I'm getting maximum pull. Anybody have any ideas?

Hey, if you will coax that little honey in your avatar to help me (In that suit of course) I'll show up and make those brakes stand you on your head! :cheerleader:

I have bled the brakes at least 30 times and still no pressure in the lever. Pads are up against rotors and there are no bubbles coming out anywhere. Guess I'm just gonna switch back to the Busa master cylinder!!:banghead:

Do you have a loop of the brake line running above the master cylinder? It doesn't take much to trap a bubble of air that is very hard to get out. Providing the master cylinder you got is good, make sure the master is the total high point of the system, then try bleeding them.

Master cylinder is the highest point. If master was bad would it allow me to bleed the brakes at all? Just can't figure out why there is no pressure at the lever!!

Master cylinder is the highest point. If master was bad would it allow me to bleed the brakes at all? Just can't figure out why there is no pressure at the lever!!

Yeah, you could bleed 'em with a bad master cylinder. Master cylinder is just a fluid pump. When you pull the lever, it pushes fluid into the caliper cylinders, which in turn pushes the brake pads against the rotor. If your master cylinder isn't pushing fluid, you pull the lever and nothing happens. In order for you to have NO lever resistance at all, it would take a pretty good size bubble of air trapped somewhere in the system, or a bad master cylinder. Put your Known Busa master cylinder back on, back bleed it with a syringe, and see if you all of a sudden have brakes.

I swapped to gen 2 front and I picked up 2010 gsxr1k front calipers and master cylinder. I have te brakes bled with mighty vac and it just is not getting enough pressure. I can still pull the lever to the grip with 1 finger and I can move the front wheel with brakes engaged. I have the lever set all the way out so I'm getting maximum pull. Anybody have any ideas?

Mind sharing why you chose 2010 gsxr 1k front calipers instead of Gen 2 2010 instead????

Okay big boy, this is going to cost you a close up swim suit photo of that little sweetie.

This is how I prime stubborn brakes that don't want to cooperate.

Take the entire system (Master Cylinder and calipers) off the bike as a complete unit. Hang the calipers up higher than the Master Cylinder, vertical is best and push the air up instead of down and you'll get a prime. It's never failed me yet. Be sure to place a thin piece of wood or ??? between the pads so you don't push the puck out of the calipers. One guy can do it but it's much easier with a buddy to help.

I'll be watching for that photo! :please:

Okay big boy, this is going to cost you a close up swim suit photo of that little sweetie.

This is how I prime stubborn brakes that don't want to cooperate.

Take the entire system (Master Cylinder and calipers) off the bike as a complete unit. Hang the calipers up higher than the Master Cylinder, vertical is best and push the air up instead of down and you'll get a prime. It's never failed me yet. Be sure to place a thin piece of wood or ??? between the pads so you don't push the puck out of the calipers. One guy can do it but it's much easier with a buddy to help.

I'll be watching for that photo! :please:

Lol I will get photos when it's all back together.
I swapped back to stock master and pulled off both calipers and pumped the lever numerous times and shoved the pistons back in. Done that process about 3 times. Managed to push a lot of debris into the master which I sucked out with a syringe. I then bled each caliper above the master 3 time with a mighty vac. Put calipers on and bled them 2 more times each by hand and breaks are rock solid.:thumbsup:

when I rebuilt my master it took forever to get pressure back even after lots of bleeding.What I did was zip tie the brake lever for a day, then it had great pressure.I think whatever air was trapped escaped after that.They shouls put a bleeder on these masters.

Brembos have bleeders.
when I rebuilt my master it took forever to get pressure back even after lots of bleeding.What I did was zip tie the brake lever for a day, then it had great pressure.I think whatever air was trapped escaped after that.They shouls put a bleeder on these masters.

Back