Convince me to stretch my 2003

nychayabusa

Registered
My bike is at Frank's shop right now getting some work done and would love to do the stretch (6 inch). The 1500-2K price tag to do it right is holding me back. :banghead: Convince me guys to drain my account like you've all done in the past :laugh:

Her's a video of my bike -

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on why you enjoy riding add out the plus and minus factors.
I enjoy both, the dragstrip and wheeling, weekend corner carving. I ride corners more then I goto the dragstrip so I will not sacrifice my handling with stretching and lowering my bike so I leave it.
If your one that doesnt enjoy agressive corner carving and wheelies then I would say spend the money and stretch it. Only you can make that decision.

Do it right bro. You'll need to set it up right. Are you doing a new extended swing arm or just extensions? I'd like to see what you are getting for that price.

P.

yeah, I'd wonder what is costing that much (unless your talking new swing arm, and maybe lowering too)
My extensions work just fine :) and can be done for much less. (actually I think I saw a set for sale here recently)

my bike is with Frank for some upgrades as well right now. I say if ur rolln in a Turbo Busa then hell yea stretch it at least a few inches if not more. the only issue I see in stretching it to 6 inches is the need or desire of extending the tail section to look proportional. im just not a fan of stretched bikes past 4 inches without an extended tail which of course will cost more money to buy and have painted obviously. and extensions are not an option. not with Frank that is and for good reason. if ur gonna do it then do it right.

not only does it look better but performs better. if u wanted a corner carving bike then u probably would not have Turboed it in the first place so by all means drain the account....:laugh: great color btw.

Trac Dynamics "standard" 6 over arm (in black powdercoat) with chain guard and race stand bungs, and "S/T" option, which is the multi-position axle block at the rear of the arm in the second picture. The arm as listed is $1300. I've got one of these on my own Ultra Busa without underbracing - it looks great and is strong.

standard_aluminum_swingarms.jpg

custom_swingarm_option.jpg

Here is a little persuasion :laugh: Chain with master link, extensions with brake bar they are 3-7" over and with chain included will set you at 6 over, you can cut chain and go shorter. Price is $237 shipped to you or frank. Your not out alot of money this way if you don't like it and can resell for same price here easily.

Paypal is tishmia@aol.com if you want them, if not their available to anyone in the us for same.. you can use stock brake line also..

IMAG1453.jpg

IMAG1454.jpg

By the way, IMO bolt on extensions are dangerous for multiple reasons. The first is that they can move around when subjected to the stresses that occur at the back of the bike, especially on something with big horsepower. I saw one extension crack on a CBR600 . . . and if you are any kind of roadracer, or have any feel for a bike, you can tell the difference between how a bike handles with bolt on extensions and without them. And it has nothing to do with the length of the arm, but has to do with stability. Any kind of added extensions should be welded on . . .

i'd recommend a mcintosh arm, great company great customer service. when you call you can almost always get terry on the phone or he'll call you back.

Maybe silly question but will that handle turbo power?

Yes and I'm not guessing but know it can. These came off a bike with over 300 hp, and only reason for removing was because he went longer than these could go. The bike these were on and my bike with a ARM felt no different on any given Sunday in the curves or on the track. I'm telling you from experience, with GOOD extensions and proper installation there is no difference. My buddy will say the same as he has road my bike, and I don't let many straddle my bike..

My 05 LE turbo has extensions, six over. It puts out 287hp at the rear wheel. I'd ride it 200mph all day long if I could.

POWERHOUSE also deals with Terry McIntosh, have for almost 40 years. His arm that is equivalent to the Trac Dynamics arm is the same price. On the bolt-on extension issue - again, I would never do it. It is the cheap man's way out, and for the lousy $200 you are going to spend on them, you are taking your life in your hands. It has nothing to do with good extensions or proper installation. Sorry GC, they are crap IMO and I will NEVER put them on anything I ride or recommend them to a customer. I pay enough insurance and am not looking to lose my shop or endanger a customer. Do it right, or don't do it at all!:whistle:

Back