MPG part 2...believe it or not...got the facts straight..as they were before

PaceMaster

Donating Member
Registered
First of all my Busa is a total animal when twisted up...that last trip i wrote about.......odo showed 772 miles total...gps 713 slow ride and dark.
So today.......upset i can't show pic's from my phone....every 100 miles i took a pic of both....odo and gps up to 300 miles.... my odo is exactly 8% off.....all 3 times i checked it was the same....for every 100 miles it was 8 miles over the GPS. 108-216-324....ODO.
Today was alot warmer...and got after it here and there..and a 166 gps blast....woohoo. Today the GPS did NOT skip.........barley
corrected odo is 338.1...ah ha gps said 338.89.....full when i left home... filled when i got home....1/2 mile from home.and recorded all the numbers at the station. Ps one gas stop during the ride...i did the math..at gps 221.39...[Trout] 4.352 gallons=50.87 mpg's.
Total corrected ODO is 338.1 and 6.682 gallons = 50.6 mpg's.
So a couple of weeks ago when i did 60+ mpg ,,,hardly anyone would believe....772 minus 8% =710 miles 11.35 gallons= did= 62.57 mpg..
Are we done??? Remember the 710 mile ride was pretty slow and lot's of dark......Bambies scare me to death.
It was a fun ride today...someone asked...... we were 5000' to 8000' the whole ride.....The mighty Sierra's. Great lunch at Convict Lake. CA.

710 miles at "pretty slow" is no problem to reach 60 some MPG.

But most riders didn't buy a Busa to ride it at 55 all the time.

Ps one gas stop during the ride...i did the math..at gps 221.39...[Trout] 4.352 gallons=50.87 mpg's.
Total corrected ODO is 338.1 and 6.682 gallons = 50.6 mpg's.

Yeah, I can dig those numbers. This is right in line with what I typically experience when I ride a moderate pace.

i check my fuel mpg nearly everytime i fill up. the worst i have ever got was 35 mpg riding hard in town only. the best i have ever got was 55.5 on the highway when i took a 250 mile trip with the old man. that is also the only trip i have rode the speed limit the whole time :laugh: there was one time we raced to a town 120 miles away and i made it in about 50 minutes and averaged 42 mpg. you do the math there fellas. I believe fuel mileage is also greatly effected by your riding posture. for instance if i sit straight up and set me throttle meister at 80 i can hunker down and get up to 95mph on flat ground. wind drag is the biggest factor when it comes to MPG

Man I wish I could hit those numbers. I guess riding in the mountains all the time hinders that a bit. Sure would be nice to get better mileage though. I wonder if the ODO problem is a common thing? Maybe I'll look into it, still trying to get the GPS wired up at the moment.

Man I wish I could hit those numbers. I guess riding in the mountains all the time hinders that a bit. Sure would be nice to get better mileage though. I wonder if the ODO problem is a common thing? Maybe I'll look into it, still trying to get the GPS wired up at the moment.

I have one tooth down in front..makes the ODO 8% optomistic.
Even with stock gearing..you can't trust it to be 100%...funny though at 25 it right on....the faster you go the more it inaccurate it get's...sheez 165 GPS the speedo is pegged at like straight down...have a good one.

Back