HRC announces Stoners replacement

Really looking forward to seeing what Marquez can do on the big bike. He's young enough (19) to have a very long career ahead of him, and looks to have the talent and drive to make himself huge in the sport.
Plus, in a couple more years we'll have Maverick Vinales coming along..:thumbsup:

skydivr said:
Marquez was pretty much the shoe-in.

He absolutely was! History with and a Spaniard....pfffft. Not to mention Repsol's a Spanish petroleum co.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Looking like Nicky Hayden for sure, and probably CEII will be leaving MotoGP after this season. Would be really sweet to see the both of them invade WSBK. Wonder if the prospect of going against Edwards again would be the straw to break Troy Bayliss' resolve to stay retired.
Just imagine.. Biaggi, Melandri, Checa, Edwards, Hayden, Bayliss, along with Rea, Sikes, Laverty, Haslam, and the rest of the crew..:laugh:

Me wonders who will replace Spies on the factory Yamaha. The Tech3 boys are making him look bad!!! Dovizioso is really strong this year.

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

I often wonder why NO AMERICAN riders are doing very well.

Is it the bikes they are on, the riders themselves, or a combination?

Don't count Rossi out of SBK either. Has he re-signed with Ducati yet? I think this is a good move for Honda too. You all know how I feel about Stoner but he is too high profile - Honda likes to be in control of their riders. Riddle me this all you MotoGpers:

1. Do you think some of the riders feel the 1000 bikes are just too fast and dangerous? Seems Casey and Rossi have been less willing to hang it out there with the new bikes. You hear it occasionally asked of riders in interviews on MotoGP video pass and that means people inside the sport are talking about it.
2. Do you think the language barrier/life style makes it tough for americans to adjust to MotoGP? Spies looks positively in pain in MotoGP. Nothing like the guy he was in superbike.

Don't count Rossi out of SBK either. Has he re-signed with Ducati yet? I think this is a good move for Honda too. You all know how I feel about Stoner but he is too high profile - Honda likes to be in control of their riders. Riddle me this all you MotoGpers:

2. Do you think the language barrier/life style makes it tough for americans to adjust to MotoGP? Spies looks positively in pain in MotoGP. Nothing like the guy he was in superbike.

Ive always thought ( and correct me if im wrong) but the american riders dont come up thru the ranks on the smaller bikes racing on these tracks year after year like the other riders do. by the time a rider is in moto GP it seems he has raced and practiced these tracks dozens of times each in 125 and 250. our riders jump from AMA into GP or WSB and are not as familiar with the tracks environments etc. scouting reports and practice laps doesnt equal up to track time and experience. the americans if im not mistaken always do well at the laguna and indy stops.

I think it's a much different riding style in MotoGP than with Superbike. Be interesting to see how the Moto2 guys transition to the big bikes as compared to the 250 class of the past. I'm thinking that the 250 bikes taught them something that the Superbike guys have never really learned. All of the MotoGP champions except Hayden in '06 have come from championships on the 2 stroke bikes.
There was something there that made the Rossis, Stoners, Pedrossas, etc.., that may be missing now.

HillbillyTom said:
I think it's Superbike riders being confronted with a much more temperamental and belligerent machine than anything. It happens to all SBK riders, not just Americans. Haga and Bayliss (except for 1 wildcard win on the 990 Ducati), for examples. Nicky got lucky in '06 and won the championship by 5 points, but otherwise, including Nicky, all have struggled in MotoGP.
On the other hand.. You have several washed up, has been, GP riders (Checa, Biaggi, Melandri) who move to WSBK, and become World Champions or very close contenders again. I'm thinking there's a lot more to the bike than is mentioned.

Spies is a good example of that. Had an easy championship his rookie year in SBK and troubles in GP.

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Back