Draggin Jeans

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
Draggin Jeans

What do you guys think about these? Anyone where them? They can be had with hip and knee armor now.

I refuse to wear a leather jacket or pants in 100 degree heat. It's supposed to be fun to ride, and broiling like bacon isn't my idea of fun. I do wear a Joe Rocket jacket, and of course a helmet (Scorpion) which can get quite hot at long traffic lights.

Floyd

No idea about the draggin jeans but I love my Sliders 4.0 jeans. $10 extra for knee pads.

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

I've been wearing draggin jeans for about 4 years now. I primarily wear them when I'm on the VTX. They are a good pair of jeans with internal Kevlar lining in the critical places (knees, rear). I've been lucky enough not to have tested them on the road and hope to remain that way.

They are comfortable and fit well. The Kevlar does trap heat more than regular denim so they are a little hotter to wear but still not as hot as leathers.

taken from a rider who had a lowside while wearing draggin jeans.. Think I will pass, if its to hot to wear leathers I will jump in the AC'd car.

Draggin Jeans anyone? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org

P6290004_001.jpg

P6290005_001.jpg

P6290006_001.jpg

P6290007_001.jpg

I've been wearing draggin jeans for about 4 years now. I primarily wear them when I'm on the VTX. They are a good pair of jeans with internal Kevlar lining in the critical places (knees, rear). I've been lucky enough not to have tested them on the road and hope to remain that way.

They are comfortable and fit well. The Kevlar does trap heat more than regular denim so they are a little hotter to wear but still not as hot as leathers.

I agree.
I have two pairs and use them mostly for riding. They are well made and feel a little thicker than regular jeans.

I feel safer then if I had on just jeans. Are they as good as leathers? Probably not, but I can wear them anywhere and most people
would not know they are lined with Kevlar. Leathers are pre-bent and harder to walk in then the draggin jeans.
They are not cheap, but if I ever need them I am sure I would have given 4-5 times as much to not have injuries vs having the injuries and having to heal up.

Again I don't wear them as everyday jeans, just mostly for riding, so I believe that they will last a long time.
As a bonus they are Made in USA. Go ahead and get a pair, I don't think you will regret it. :thumbsup:

taken from a rider who had a lowside while wearing draggin jeans.. Think I will pass, if its to hot to wear leathers I will jump in the AC'd car.

Draggin Jeans anyone? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org

First of all those jeans look really worn. Mine are very deep blue. Washing them a lot will weaken them I'm sure.
Second if he had been wearing regular jeans that where that worn that much, he would have been a lot worse off.

I'm in no am saying that they are as good as leather. Just better then regular jeans and they do cost less then leather.
Yes I know you get what you pay for.

Leathers pants are great, but, you have to take more time to put them on and try to zip them to your jacket by yourself is not so easy.
Then you need to wear your racing boots over the bottom of the leathers.
Then if you are going to a friends house you have to wear them the whole time there, and they are not as comfortable as jeans.

So there are pros and cons to most things.

I'll take them over regular jeans knowing that they are not as good as leather.
That's just me - everyone has to make their own decision as to what they are going to wear when they ride.

On the track I wouldn't consider less then full leather.

I wear Olympic Airglide overpants, with bermuda shorts underneath. Way cooler than leathers, but far superior to Dragin Jeans - and I also have a pair of them. I survived a 75 mph high side on the interstate, with almost zero road rash, while wearing Oly's. Broke my foot, 4 ribs, and collar bone, but the Air glides saved my skin. From now on, Oly's the armor for me!!!

Any first responders / ems people that would say they save your skin / are hard to cut off in an emergency? Some local ems guys that have bikes commented they wear them because they are tough on the scissors.

I have a pair of Draggin Jeans.I like them for the most part. Never crash tested them though, thank goodness.:please:

I got a pair, love them. Haven't tried the durability nor do I want to. Definitely not better then leathers but better than nothing.

Thanks guys. Looks like there are several choices. I would wear leathers at the track. I'm not going to dress up like an astronaut to go to the store.

Floyd

For the sake of objectivity, regular jeans would last let's say 3 ft when sliding on the road, while other "enhanced" jeans would last maybe 4-5 ft. Then, it's your skin which would last another 1-2 ft, and then it's your bones. That's why I wear the same outfit all the time - be it a track or the street, summer or winter - leathers, boots, gloves. All of them were tested - on the track (120 mph), off the track (70 mph), with deer (30 mph) and without. I walked from all of those. Not once my skin suffered. Somehow I feel that if I were wearing any type of "enhanced" jeans, there would be plenty of my blood on the road.

Recently rode for 6 hours in the country - Although I started in the morning, later on out in the Sun it was probably more than 100, and in the shade it was mid 90's. I had a few bottles of water, and would stop once in a while to drink and take a break. Almost 300 miles and 6 hours later, I'm back at my house - yes, sweaty as hell, happy as a kid. Nothing like a good shower for myself, and a spray bottle of Fabreeze for my gear wouldn't fix.

This is just my logic on this issue - long term approach. I'd like to be able to ride for many years to come.

When I stop and think about it I do wonder how effective these jeans are if there so baggy. Since I'm still new to all this I don't really know. When I bought my "cow suit" (leather) I was told you want it tight so it won't bind up on ya. Plus you want the armor to stay in place so if your get baggy jeans seems like you will have other problems besides wear thru.

They get my vote over shorts any day!!

I like to preach always use leather but I don't do much casual riding these days so I'll spare you :p

Back