Spanner wrench!!

07vigorblue

Donating Member
Registered
Does anybody have one I could borrow, buy or know where I could buy one. Also is there a certain size I need?

Cycle gear stores usually keep them hanging on the rear wall if you have one locally. So do Harley shops sometimes.

I see them on Ebay but they are so hard to match up and usually very cheaply made. I did purchase one of Cycle Gears for $14 with a different size on each end and it is about 3 times as thick and does a good job. The ones they sell are universal so you still might want to ride to the door and try before the purchase.

yea i have one in my truck right now that i bought from my local cycle shop for $15 bucks, universal...:thumbsup:

I went to advance auto and bought a set when I took my rearsets and pegs off. I'm thinking somewhere between $7-$15 for everything you'll ever need.

No luck at advance. Lol I need one ASAP to get my bike finished. Guess I will just search on eBay. Anything in particular I should look for.

what are you trying to do? you can use a punch to move the spanner on the shock if you just adjusting it

Lol I still have 5 more complete turns to go to get back to stock preload with my new eibach spring. Hammer and punch is a pita and takes too long.

Lol I still have 5 more complete turns to go to get back to stock preload with my new eibach spring. Hammer and punch is a pita and takes too long.

its probably quicker than getting one shipped though, since you need it asap.

i bet a local garage has a few and if the shocks off the bike carry it on. you could probably knock it out in a few.

Lol I put it back on the bike because I got tired of trying to hold it while using the hammer and punch. Guess I will just tuff it out and finish it :banghead:

the hammer and drift punch / big flat blade gets the job done...could you even get a spanner wrench in the swing arm area

Plus it makes your shock look backyard hacked when you chew up the adjuster rings with a punch and hammer.
I know, I know, I'm anal :laugh:

Back