Steel, Titanium or CarbonFiber

the design also influences the "sound" not just the type of material. and one's definition of BETTER can be entirely different from another. for example, some owners prefer the sound of hotbodies/voodoo pipes

Titanium.:thumbsup:
I learned somewhere that stainless helped the exhaust escape faster.

Carbonfiber looks good.

Prefer the Carbon Fiber. :thumbsup: Sounds deeper & throaty!!

6626469405_80d6246773_b.jpg

6626469351_2450ae8970_b.jpg

Been thinking of selling off the Titanium slip-ons, and swap them out for a set of Carbon Fiber R77's ???

6828233239_bc892b70cd_b.jpg

6828233501_a464534fba_b.jpg

6828232495_19c1533f05_b.jpg

Last edited:
Well some day I hope that the moderators here will actually clear my posts for viewing instead of me wasting my time punching these keys!!:banghead:

According to yosh they sound the same.I had a CF can and it did sound like the stainless can.Now when the packing gets old it will sound louder

I think the sequence of importance (and effectiveness) is.....full system fully mapped (any material), next slip ons (also dialed in), then slip ons (without addl tuning) and finally the material the pipe is made of(sound, appearance, weight and VERY imperceptible performance differences mostly based on heat dissipation). Raydog

I had some witches from salem yell at me once, not sure what they were made out of, I'm guessing flesh. They sounded like they could yell fairly loud, but I'd guess they could enchant any can to make it sound awesome if they wanted to.. even a Foldgers can. That would be different yeah? Go get a wicked foldgers can, take it to a witch and have her enchant it to sound like a stage 3 turbo and perform like one as well. YEAH! Careful the crazies here don't hang you for witch craft though... shhhhhhh keep it under wraps. Actually forget I said anything.

the design also influences the "sound" not just the type of material. and one's definition of BETTER can be entirely different from another. for example, some owners prefer the sound of hotbodies/voodoo pipes
Very true :thumbsup: I prefer Ti from a sound and durability/lightweight standpoint.

Back