2004 hayabussa

budgeup

Registered
hi chaps ive a 2004 hayabussa, its been sitting in a garage for 4yrs ... ive bought it its a great looking and riding bike but.... the battery wont hold charge, when riding it after giving it enough charge to get it to my house , all trhe dash lights lit up, the speedo and rev counter needles went from one side to the other then back again but through all of this the bike still rode just that if i stopped the engine would cut out and i needed another jump start to carry on ........... any ideas what could be wrong ... ?

Sitting for 4 years is a death sentence for a battery if not on a trickle charger. :banghead:

I have the 04 and got about seven years out of my original battery, but it never sat year after year.
I have a AGM battery and everything has been fine.

How about next time you store it you use fuel stabilizer. dump the old stuff and get some good gas in there.:thumbsup:

Sitting for 4 years is a death sentence for a battery if not on a trickle charger. :banghead:

I have the 04 and got about seven years out of my original battery, but it never sat year after year.
I have a AGM battery and everything has been fine.
I've got the same bike, same year, same color as yours (04LE) and still running the original battery going strong thanks to a battery tender. Original battery on my 06 14 with a tender as well. 92 gixxer 1100 original battery also going strong ........

lol gotcha.....its been through a couple :laugh:

Back