Crash and Sale

rudely

Registered
Havent posted ina quite a while but here it goes... I laid my bike over a few months ago. It got scratched up pretty good and the stator case has a hole in it. I decided that day I am done riding. I have had a hard time actually selling the bike but it is time. I am wondering if I put a new statpor cover on it and a new blinker assembley...What should I ask for her. What would be reasonable ?

Bike info..... 2005 Red/Black. 9k miles, BT016s front and back with around 700 miles on them, heli bars, full Yosh carbon single side exhaust.

dont really want to fix it all up just want to sell it pretty much as is. Any comments would be helpful thanks. Pics below.

Busa Crash - Imgur imgur album

Last edited:
You wiped out quite a bit of plastics there. I wouldnt worry about the turn signal if your not replacing the plastics. Just put a stator cover and new oil so you can show people it still runs. $ will depend on the location...$2000-$3000???

Id take it off your hands in a heart beat.... But I only got $1500.00 ATM. Good luck with it. Tell us what your new hobby to replace rising will be.

Wichita Falls, Texas. Got a Hot Tub and big inground pool for my hobby now. No more fractured ribs : ) I was thinking 3500-4k with fixed stator cover blinker fixed and running ? may just fix the plastic and black it out then sell it... I bought it march 10, for 6550 with 1301 miles on her. Im still trying to decide what to do .....gotta get my 16 y/o daughter a car! oh noooooo!!!

Was the bike insured?
There is almost $3 in damage to fix it correctly!
Wichita Falls, Texas. Got a Hot Tub and big inground pool for my hobby now. No more fractured ribs : ) I was thinking 3500-4k with fixed stator cover blinker fixed and running ? may just fix the plastic and black it out then sell it... I bought it march 10, for 6550 with 1301 miles on her. Im still trying to decide what to do .....gotta get my 16 y/o daughter a car! oh noooooo!!!

I only had liability. I may just get the plastics and be done with it. Trying to decide how best to go about it you know.

Why dont you fix the cover and light, then buy some cheap $500 China plastics from Ebay and sell it for around 5,000? Its better than taking the huge hit by selling as is....If you can do the repairs yourself.

ill tell you that 4k is a bit high ive known people to get good condition bikes for around that price and like gixer said theres alot of damage to repair there with oem parts

Either fix it back with OEM, fix it with China plastics, or sell it like it is. I suspect you will have a bent fairing stay as well, it doesn't take much to tweak one. Do not paint it all black. That will kill the resale value, as people will know that it was fixed from an accident. Either fix it back fatory, and say nothing, fix it with Ebay china plastics, and disclose it, or sell it like it is.

Just my $.02

Thats not too bad...but IF I drove that far it would have to be 4k. Did I mention I also have the stock exhaust and header with only 1301 miles on them ? A matching tank bag, Icon TiMax Jacket and Gloves, and a aluminum Ramp that all go with it ? : )

Thanks for the advice guys, I will give it some thought and let everyone know what Im doing with her. Seleene needs a good home. Ill find it one way or another .

Back