Tire only lasted 3600 miles

oeballer50

Registered
So I bought my 08 busa with brand new Michelin pilots front and back and I took her for a ride up to my buddy's cabin about 3 hours away got up there and realized my chords are showing in the center I just put 3600 miles on her since I got her. What's weird to me is how quickly the tire went from being a decen tire to having a full blown flat spot and having chords showing? I'm 285 and I ride with my gf a lot but only 3600 miles?

Which Pilots? Power, 2ct, Pure, power One or Road??

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Sport tires last me around 3000 miles. Sport touring tires around 5000 miles. Always amazes me when people claim to be getting 10,000+ miles out of a set of tires. There is no way I could ride gentle enough, and still actually have the bike moving, to get that kind of wear.

HillbillyTom said:
Sport tires last me around 3000 miles. Sport touring tires around 5000 miles. Always amazes me when people claim to be getting 10,000+ miles out of a set of tires. There is no way I could ride gentle enough, and still actually have the bike moving, to get that kind of wear.

It's not just "claims," different tire compounds, multi compounds, traction levels, and uses.

I have a near worn out tire with maybe... 5 miles on it (drag tire) but then there's my cousin with 16k on his multi compound sport touring.

Tell ya what, for commuting to work I'm thinking those sport touring would be great (on extra wheels of course)

So I bought my 08 busa...

... I'm 285 and I ride with my gf a lot but only 3600 miles?

Answered your own question.

Welcome to the Busa!

Dsc06668_800.jpg

Get the equipment to change your own, will save you a lot of money in the long run.

Dsc00249.jpg

Dsc00249.jpg

Dsc06668_800.jpg

I just got back from a 2300 mile ride from Utah to California coast, up the coast to Oregon, then back to Utah on a Brand new PPCT2. The tire is way more worn than I was expecting it to be. I was two up the entire time, and the radar detector came in very handy ;-)...

I was hoping to get 5k on the tires.... it's looking like probably only 4k on this set.....

For me the if you are just cruising /riding the BO16 seems to last the longest. I got 7500 out of the stock back tire when I first got my bike and 12K out of the front. The only reason I changed the back was I went to bike week in Myrtle beach and did not want to take a chance on getting a ticket.

sounds about right, i'm just a bit heavier than you and ride 2up some of the time...just wait until you get more comfortable with her and twist the throttle even harder, the tires disappear even faster :thumbsup:

Buy some Avon Storm II and forget about it. I had 3,000 miles on mine when I left for NC. Rode almost 2,000 miles there and back and still have lots left to go. Granted I don't do much twisties but the center you speak of is still nice and meaty at almost 6,000 miles.

9ef049ff.jpg

Back