How the heck do you lose a

Johnny Bravo

Registered
screen from the nose fairing?

I got back from a long ride yesterday and was cleaning up the bike and noticed that one of the little screens in the nose of my Gen II was gone. I'm not even sure how they're affixed, let alone how one would come out.

Do they serve a purpose?

Am I better off to just pull the other one out, or try to find new one and put it back in? Now that one is in and one is out, it's going to annoy the heck out of me.

Do I have to remove the entire nose to put a new screen back in there?

Thanks in advance.

thats where I found mine....when pulling the airbox out for the removing the motor, the screen I lost was in there with a small bird.....lol, by this time I already threw away the remaining screen that I removed from the other side:(

Lifted the tank, removed the air box cover, pulled the filter and even ran wire through the ram air tube from the front of the bike into the air box. No screen.

Guess I have to order a pair of them, pull the nose and replace them from the back side.

When I remembered to replace my air filter at 20K :banghead: I found both of mine in the plenum. I think they're sitting in my garage somewhere ???

I would definately replace it... or find it... or both. :thumbsup:

Someonoe recently swallowed a bird through the screen. They just snap in. If it cracked or fractured, it will come loose pretty easy.

Here is a shot for you...

IMG_20120705_182537.jpg

Back