Putting together a maintenance plan...some advice please

sticky6

Registered
Okay,

I'm putting together an excel spreadsheet and at the top it has my current mileage on. I would like to have a maintenance plan for the next 10K miles. I need specifics please. I don't know anything about mechanics but I do have the manual for the bike so I will follow that for oil changes etc.

Here is an example of what I want my maintenance schedule to look like. Please help me to put it together. I'm looking for ALL the maintenance you can do including gearbox oil, oil, coolant, battery, chain lube, chain clean/lube, shocks?? , filters, breaks etc. Please list every single thing you can think of. It will take a lot of time to go through the manual I would rather ask you guys.

Example;

8800miles - current, just lubed the chain and adjusted tensioner.
9100miles - lube chain
9500miles - completely clean chain and lube
10000miles - oil change/filters...?? anything else?

I know it's weird and don't know if it will work but I need a baseline to work off of. You mechanically orientated people probably know what to do and when but I'd like to have some sort of plan according to mileage etc. And when to do some serious engine work or whatever.

Also, how do know when you need to replace your brake pads? I don't want to wait till I hear metal grinding and also what kind? I want to save up now and get the pads. What do you clean your bike with too.

Thanks for the help guys

Gearbox oil :wtf:

Go by the manual, but dont forget to change the muffler and headlight fluid every 2K miles they forgot to add that to the manual.

Well like I said I don't anything about mechanics so if I'm correct I'm sensing a bit of a sarcastic tone? And you really took the time to reply to my post and be totally useless? What seems obvious to you about the mechanical side of things of a bike is totally greek to me. I'm a network engineer, should I call you dumb a$$ for not knowing how to maintain an enterprise network for a multi billion dollar company?

Don't reply if you're annoyed by my dumb questions. Just move along.

I'm sure some of the professional mechanics we have on the board will give you some good advice! Just give them some time!

Go by the manual

sticky, lankee is just razzing you man. But he is on point though, the service manual does specify recommended maintenance items at given mileage intervals.
If you have a Gen II, go to p. 31 and start browing. If you do not have a copy, get a free one here: Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa 2008-2012 Service Manual | Service manuals for Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycles

If you have a Gen I, then you need this: Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa 1999-2000 Service Manual | Service manuals for Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycles
P.S. Do not mind that above stops at year 2000 since all Gen Is (99-07) are essentially the same bike for maintenance

Back