harbor freight wheel chock

thats a hell of a price, id be tempted to buy one just to try it out. One thing i have learned about Harbor Freight though it is hit or miss on there stuff, either it turns out really good or not worth the mettal its made from.

We've mixed reviews on these in the past. My own experience was 50/50 with em. We installed to of em in Zukracers trailer and put a Gen2 in each chock. 1 got stuck and was a pain to get out,,the other worked fine. We were later told they needed to be adjusted?
How's that for an answer that doesn't help? :laugh:

Frog is that you!! has it been so long you changed your name.... oh what is the world coming too!

hadies said:
Frog is that you!! has it been so long you changed your name.... oh what is the world coming too!

It's me, and the change wasn't my choice, ol MC MUSTANG is to blame for that, well, I did yell something odd at the bash regarding a giant chicken :whistle:

I bought that one in '08, used it a half dozen times, had no issues so far. Mines mounted to plywood, goes in and out of the truck bed when I need it. Could be used on the garage floor as well, but I've never had the need.

I have one bolted in my truck bed. The finish isn't the greatest, mine needs to be stripped and painted or powder coated due to the on-set of rust pretty quickly while being out in the S. FL weather & sun. Other than that it hasn't broken and has performed well structurally. I have heard of instances where the hoop part breaks at one of the upright supports and have been afraid of that each time I drop the front tire into the cradle...so far so good though. :thumbsup: Bike is for sale now though, whenever it goes I'll probably remove it, have it powder coated and set it aside until the next one comes along. :whistle:

I bought one and installed it on my HF lift table. It works just fine going into it as well as out of it. It'll hold up your bike without any tie downs too. I wouldn't leave it like that but it holds it plenty good enough for you to walk across the garage and grab your tie downs. For the money, it's a good buy and I have no regrets buying.

Seen a few pics of them where the weld failed and snapped. Spend the extra on a solid chock in the long run it could end up being cheaper as a failed chock could cost you thousands of dollars and maybe a few tears to :poke:

You get what you pay for. I have one mounted on my trailer and it works fine for this. The tire got stuck the first time I used it but once I adjusted it, it was fine. I keep my trailer in my garage so it doesn't see any weather except when in use so I cant tell you how it holds up to it. It can be used on a garage floor but I wouldn't trust that at all. You need a good braxley for that. It works on a trailer because tour strapping it down. I wouldn't use my harbor fart one for anything but my trailer.

I had one in my trailer I used for smaller bikes. Would work OK but the busas are sure secure in the Baxleys, but they are mucho bucks. I'm glad I spent the extra. The next one up from HF like the other member said would be better for your busa in my opinion.

tlr1.jpg

tlr19.jpg

4 busas headed for bash in trailer.jpg

Eureka_08_011.jpg

I think I may try it. I only plan to use it in the truck to help steady the bike. Right now I'm just strapping it, and I feel nervous. With this I will use it and strap it, so it can't hurt :)

I may try the next one up one then:
Motorcycle Stand / Wheel Chock

I also plan to make it fairly quickly removable from my truck.

yzguyfl said:
I think I may try it. I only plan to use it in the truck to help steady the bike. Right now I'm just strapping it, and I feel nervous. With this I will use it and strap it, so it can't hurt :)

I liked at my trailer again and the one I use us this model up from your original pic. Well. I had to look at pictures of my trailer because I let B-dub_sr barrow my trailer but it is this upgraded model.

I use this one on my garage floor when I do back wheel maintenance. It holds my bike so I can put my rear stand on the swing arm with out issues. Also notice the built in tie down points. They also adjust the rubber feet to level the chock in an uneven truck bed.

I use the one in OP's post for all my bikes on the lift table, Ultra Dyna, Z1000, Vstrom, KLR, Triumph Sprint GT, never had a prob, little difficult getting some of them out but works well other than that. I will get teh next one up to mount in my truck bed. Can you mount two of these Motorcycle Stand / Wheel Chock in the F150 truck bed, would like to take two bikes up to the Mountains soon, thinking about the GT and Busa.

Back