Got hit by a Minivan this morning

Pinky Winky

Donating Member
Registered
Well the day started ok enough. Got up, worked out, took a nice shower, cooked some food, watched the news, you know the normal routine. Well alittle back story before I begin. About two months ago I blew the engine in the mustang, For those that dont know I have a 2011 3.7L V6 Mustang. She did have 670bhp and after she died I borrowed my buddies bike. Ive been able to have the pleasure of rocking a 93 Yamaha Virago 1100. Its a fun little cruiser but by no means anything Ive been used to. Ive had some issue riding on the street since my last major wreck about three years ago. It kinda killed my nerves riding on the street but oddly enough I feel completely comfortable on the track since theres zero minivans to hit me!!!. But back to the minivan issue from this morning. So Im riding into work, which is all of four miles for me, and I decide I need to get alittle gas just because. So I pull into the gas station and get a few gallons of fuel then head back to the light to get onto the main street. Well just as I pull out of the gas station a minivan comes pulling into the parking lot from the street. Well instead of stopping or going around me she decided to try and go through me. F'ing great I see what is about to happen and hit the throttle so I can get out of the way. Didnt help.... She hits the brakes and slides a good twenty feet right into me as I hit the brakes and get ready for impact. Thank god she stopped quickly but she still hit me fairly hard. I didnt fall over off the bike but she actually pushed the bike about two feet sideways. Scared the hell outta me. So I motion in the most polite form I can for her to backup so I can get my leg free. She kindly does so right after she puts down her cell phone. So I put down the kickstand and get off the bike. Somehow there is zero damage to me and the bike. Her car I didnt even look at. So as she is getting out of the van almost crying I just about lose my cool when I see that she has three kids in the back of the van. I tell her to wait next to my bike while I calm down and then we will talk. She didnt do that. She wanted to keep telling me how sorry she was and that she didnt see me. Well I tell her about the cell phone I saw her holding and the wreckless speed she was going but she just looked at me like I was speaking Greek. Oh well I thought no point in trying to school this dumb B*@ch Im just lucky she looked up and hit the brakes. So I get back on the bike and drove off. Im just glad work has been slow today so I could steam about it all day...lol well I havent been on here in a long time so I just thought I would share my story with people that can relate. Enjoy your day everyone and watch out for the minivans.

Super Glad you are OK - However wait a day or two before you decide that you are fine. Sometimes it takes a day or two to feel somethings not right.
I know you were shaken and stirred, (I'm almost afraid to ask) did you get her info? Lic. plate # Name etc.

I myself have a hard time remembering that to many people we are invisible :banghead: Shouldn't be this way but it is.

Hope you ARE fine.

It wouldnt have helped to get het info. Her van told me she didnt have insurance. Basides my insurance is free through work so If I start to feel a tingle Ill just go have to checked out.

If she doesn't have insurance SHE SHOULDN'T BE DRIVING. It's against the LAW in most places.
TAKING HER LICENSE AWAY MIGHT HELP THE NEXT GUY SHE DECIDES TO PLOW INTO :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Also not having insurance does NOT release you from having to pay for injuries you caused!

lol I know it doesnt release her but do I really want to fight a lady with three kids and doesnt have a dollar to her name. I would rather just go to work and sulk alittle.

wow i thought it was gonna be a bad story but sounds like you and the bike faired ok, people need to wake up and get off the phones while driving
plus she had 3 kids in there with her, maybe she's lucky it wasnt a semi she was sliding under...:banghead:

Awesome! you put your body between the bike and the car to save the bike - you sir are a real biker :beerchug:

Glad your ok, this was my last minivan experience.

image-3037374807.jpg

image-3037374807.jpg

lol I know it doesnt release her but do I really want to fight a lady with three kids and doesnt have a dollar to her name. I would rather just go to work and sulk alittle.
Well lets think about this a minute. She has a mini van, she has a cell phone, and she was pulling into a gas station, so she had money for gas or something in the store.
Do you know that she is unmarried and on food stamps? Maybe she gets alot of child support? Maybe her husband drives the small sports car to work? Appearances can be deceiving.

I hope you are all right, I really do. But what if your not? What about the next guy? What about the 3 kids in her van? Next time they might be hurt or worse.
You have insurance, that's great. What about the next guy she hits that doesn't?

What is done is done, and I hope you never have another accident.

Let this be a lesson to everyone else. Always get their info. If they refuse, and you have a camera/phone take a picture of them, the vehicle and their license plate #.
It's called protecting yourself. Even if you never use the info.

Just my 2 cents.

If was me I would call the police so she learn not to be on the phone and have insurance. Like everybody said how about the next guy on a bike o even her with the kids.

hey Pinky Winky, long time no hear from! glad to hear you're doing good and it wasn't any worse :beerchug: now, come on a little more often and keep us up to date with what's going on in your life :poke: :laugh: climbed any mountains lately?

Hope you're really alright :please:

Don't mess with an E-150, 5K damage to the Busa and totaled the van :laugh:

Should have called the police. It is just a matter of time before she kills someone because she drives like crap talking on the cell phone.

:whistle:

Very, very lucky you are! Hopefully no pain when you awake tomorrow.

Back