speedo healer

Busa Rookie

Banned
i need one, how do they work? i have 16/42 gears & i believe my speedo is 10mph fast, is there any plug/play unit i dont have to calibrate that will be good for all gear ratios?

anyone have any script: of all the models/what's plug and play with no cal required?

I've never seen one much less used one, but I think you have to program it against your speedo error. I would check mine against a GPS after installation.....but I really don't know what I'm talking about

^^^^ I bought the Speedo Healer V4.0 from Pashnit and it is plug in play. You have to calibrate it when you 1st install it but you never have to do it again unless you change the tire or sprocket size again. It only takes a few mins to do.

ok, im not sure how bad 16/42 gears would throw it off. but i dont need any reason to be pulled over, i'll even post pics of the new plate light i installed so noone can complain

ok, im not sure how bad 16/42 gears would throw it off. but i dont need any reason to be pulled over, i'll even post pics of the new plate light i installed so noone can complain

I didn't look at it but I think they have a calculator on their website. Should be easy for anyone that installs a tag light that bright :laugh:

If you get pulled over it would probably be for impeding traffic. With that gearing your speedo will register much faster than you are really going. Speedohealer or SpeedDRD (about half the price of speedohealer) will get your speedo reading correctly. I use a speedohealer and it works well with both stock gearing and +3 on the rear.

calibrates itself?

I don't think anyone would sell one that doesn't require calibration because that would mean it would need to be manufactured just for one sepcific error percentage. You are getting too worried though as calibration is easier than setting the record on your VCR.

Basically they have plugs on them so you really can't install it wrong - only goes in one way. Then go for a ride (you can ride with the fairing off - no problem). If you have a GPS compare the speedo reading to the GPS at 2 speeds - I use 30 mph and 70 mph. THen do the math to get the percentage error. THe 70 and 30 mph readings might be a little different but figure it to be exact at 70 and a little under at 30 (better to run a little slow at 30 and be right on at 70 on the highway). Once you get the percentage error, plug this into the speedo healer unit and you are good to go.

Simple as that.

Slide34.jpg

THe stock gearing is 17/43 or a ratio of .395. Your setup is 16/42 or .381. A 5% correction should do the trick to get things back to the stock reading on the speedo. But I would use the gps method or have a friend pace you in a car as the stock speedo is off also. IMHO, Hayabusas come from the factory needing a speed healer!

i already have the fairing off so thanks i was toying with the wires & zipped tied them clean yesterday lol, will have to run along side someone after i purchase one!

edit: will set for 5% then run along side someone, thanks for the input. wasnt familiar with the setup.
they make a "speed calibrator" for mustangs that i installed before, the computer literally registered tires/gear changes without doing anything.. not sure how but it did & was dead on but kind of hoped they had the same tech. lol

now im familiar with it thankyou!

I've been using the YELLOW BOX Speedo Healer for 8 years now and I Love It! Never had a problem with it either...:laugh:

Back