2007 black "hump" question

buda315

Registered
I just picked up my third 2007 black busa. Literally the same year/color combo each time. Apparently I like it. This one will stay in the stable forever!!

I have owned 19 bikes and this is my favorite of all time, thus the reason I am back in the busa family, again. :beerchug:

I have a question for current or previous '07 black busa owners. Mine did not come with a rear seat cowl "hump" and I can't remember if the cowl matches the factory black paint with the blue flake undercoating? Or is the hump just black w/out the blue flake?

I was going to buy a cowl on ebay for a 2002, but the paint for the two bikes has a different color code, not sure about the cowls though.

Any body have experience good or bad with the aftermarket ones found on ebay? Paint, fit, quality, cracks, etc...?

Appreciate any one who knows about the color question and/or any leads on a nice matching "hump".

Thanks and good to be back.

I would check the ColorRite web site to figure it out. I can give you an automotive paint code that matches quite well if you would like.

Dennis, thanks for the advice.

I had checked colorite and that is how I figured out that the 02 and 07 were differenet colors. I'm just wondering if the hump is perhaps a generic black to cut cost if they use if for other two tone bikes.

The bike is my baby so if they make a matching one, than I want it, but if they are all black without the blue sparkles in the fairing than I guess that is the way it goes?

Any current owners of a black 2007 that can answer for sure?

It has the blue mica in it...atleast mine does. When I bought the paint from a local supply shop it was over one hundred for the quart.

the 02 blue black scheme is pearl novelty black and has blue mica in it
the 02 le black falcon is all black.. paint code space black no mica
the 07 black is Pearl Nebular Black, no blue mica but has a bit of charcoal look to it duller off black than the space black which looks wet all the time.. ..

Back