Please dont drink and ride!

dragonbusa

Registered
I got a call last night, my boss (and friend) and his wife were both killed friday night in a bike crash. He hit a car head on, all so killing the women driving the car, He was bad for drinking and driving and riding, all ways said I can handle it man. What a waste. I like to drink a little, but theres no way I"m driving after even 1 drink. Its just plan stupid.
R.I.P. brother.

Sad, yep, between the cell phone texting drivers in cages, and other distracted drivers its not logical to ride without being on your A Game, let alone drinking and riding. Did it once, had 3 beers over 2 hours and rode home , empty straight road, 45-60 mph, man I could tell the difference, reduced balance and slower reactions, never again.

Sorry for you loss. It is just sad, cause your thinking is already impaired after one drink and I wish people would realize that and have a plan to deal with it, if they are going to drink.

We used to see it all the time at bike nights. Me and BusaGirl watched a couple down 3 pickers each while we ate our meal. We watched the lady tip her cruiser over and laugh about it as her husband helped pick it up laughing about it also. They then hopped on their bikes and wobbly sped off into the night.

Drinking and riding/driving is not an accident. It is a deliberate and intentional act and I have no sympathy for those killed doing such.
I do pray for those others involuntarilly caught in the middle and hurt by such actions.

I turned in my liquor license last night after 5 years owning a bar (sold it).

I weigh 230 and haven't paid for a drink in those 5 years. Just walk up and ask, so you you could say I'm not a new drinker or a lightweight.

From all I've seen over the years (and that's a lot), and even being an experienced rider (30 years), and even living only 3 miles from the bar.... if I ride my limit is 1 or I park it.

Believe me I'm no angel and no preacher, but on this... I am an expert.

Later this afternoon I'll have a friend give me a ride down the bar and pick up the bike for just this very reason. If you're gonna walk-the-walk on anything, this one would be a good choice.

Regards and be safe
Sean

R.I.P. but on the other hand i feel no sorrow for them ive lost too many friends and family to drunk drivers its something i ABSOLUTELY hate and i did it way too much when i was younger and got lucky.

Sorry for the loses of friends and families.

Nearly lost some friends when I was a kid. One of those "we'll be fine I'm not that drunk" types. They survived but we never heard from them again.

I hate to be totally cold here, but if drinking was involved, my sympathies lie more towards the innocent woman driving the car....

skydivr said:
I hate to be totally cold here, but if drinking was involved, my sympathies lie more towards the innocent woman driving the car....

For once we totally agree:thumbsup:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

It's always the one's that say I can have a couple. It's sad they don't realize the danger they put themselves and others in. Sad

We used to see it all the time at bike nights. Me and BusaGirl watched a couple down 3 pickers each while we ate our meal. We watched the lady tip her cruiser over and laugh about it as her husband helped pick it up laughing about it also. They then hopped on their bikes and wobbly sped off into the night.

Drinking and riding/driving is not an accident. It is a deliberate and intentional act and I have no sympathy for those killed doing such.
I do pray for those others involuntarilly caught in the middle and hurt by such actions.

I would have called the cops on them and tried to get them to call a cab or catch a ride. That is no different than pointing a loaded gun at somebody.

Sorry for your loss dragon.

I feel bad for the families and friends left behind to deal with it. I feel nothing for the ones who caused the accident. The family and friends of the innocent lady killed are the real loosers here.

Back