Hey! Need a lil "Rear Brake Help" here...pretty please?...

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
imagine that...it's only like the 5th set of rear pads i've put on my '03 Gen1 and i was stupid enough to start the job right after getting diagnosed with diabetes where shortly afterwards i was the recipient of numerous widow bites on my right foot/ankle and dosed out on lyrica for diabetic neuropathy and?..i'll be 54 next month..so there's my list of excuses why i started the job several months ago by dis-assying everything then had trouble compressing the pistons and after being crouched down on my knees, azz and ankle for several hours fighting pistons?..i gave up...and rolled her back in the garage (several months ago) figuring if i ain't even fit enough to change out a set of brake pads?..i ain't fit to ride...plugged her into a battery tender and walked away...well...i can't take it no more..i just gotta ride...but i have an upside down frisbee full of wire clips, shims, pins and pads and cant recall for the life of me how they go back together..."properly"..and since my busa shop manual software died with my last PC a year ago?..i have nothing to reference for proper re-assy of the rear brake for my Gen1..i gotta couple full bottles of DOT4...and the weekend off from work so..i really wanna get this done..anybody have any pictorial references i could follow to make sure i get the rear caliper re-assy'ed properly?

T.I.A. Bill. :cool:

Earlybird and Mc Mustang need to be here. They can do this or walk you thru what goes where.

Earlybird Earlybird Earlybird

Mc Mustang Mc Mustang Mc Mustang

See if they pop up :)

I'd come help out if I was closer. If it were me, I'd just take the whole rear brake assembly off and ride it like that for the weekend. :laugh:

OK here we go!

2012-06-30_12-37-12_329.jpg

As we are looking at the bottom of the caliper here: (If you haven't taken the caliper off, I would, it will be so much easier)

THe outside of the caliper is on the left in the pic.

You have the piston, the wire clip, the shim, the pad, the pad, the shim and another wire clip.

Hope this helps.

Thanks man..but looking at the time stamp i'm hoping you didn't run into the same problem i did..CRS! LOL!

The Gen1 was on the trailer and I needed to clean up the shop while it was outside. Plus, I had to get the air conditioner going, it is 105 here today! :lol:

I'd come help out if I was closer. If it were me, I'd just take the whole rear brake assembly off and ride it like that for the weekend. :laugh:

don't tempt me...i actually thought about that..then again?...i think i don't use my rear brake all that much anyways..but...if that's the case?..why'd i need new pads? LOL!

OK here we go!

2012-06-30_12-37-12_329.jpg

As we are looking at the bottom of the caliper here: (If you haven't taken the caliper off, I would, it will be so much easier)

THe outside of the caliper is on the left in the pic.

You have the piston, the wire clip, the shim, the pad, the pad, the shim and another wire clip.

Hope this helps.

COOL! Thank You!...all i needed to know...the only problem was my mind was struggling to digest wether those hooks on the wire clips faced inboard or outboard...inboard it is! Thank You! :)

Good! Glad it helped, I had a hell of a time getting the caliper back on, as I have spacers on it to shim the caliper over in order to fit the R1 wheels on it:banghead:

:lol::lol:

Good! Glad it helped, I had a hell of a time getting the caliper back on, as I have spacers on it to shim the caliper over in order to fit the R1 wheels on it:banghead:

:lol::lol:

R1 Wheels?...aren't they lighter?...why would you do that?..lighter wheels cut down on mpg...but i guess your brake pads last longer! :laugh:

Thanks man...sorry for the inconvienience..especially in 105 temps..you rock..now take a a nice long cool shower..it's on me! :laugh:

Hey Bill! Would have came right over to help but was at work all day. Give me a call sometime. Picked up a 2012 last month!

Hey Bill! Would have came right over to help but was at work all day. Give me a call sometime. Picked up a 2012 last month!

Hay Jeff!...hey man....you gotta power bleeder?...i got'er all back together this morning and i'm riding her over to my daughters house for sunday dinner but...they're still a lil soft..i'll call ya when i get there...maybe somtime this week we can get together...power bleeder or not..he11...i might break down and buy one.

Back