270hp all motor GSXR 1000 using NOS possible?

Audiomaker

Registered
Hi everyone.

My good friend has recently purchased what I think is a 08 or 09 GSX-R 1000.

I must admit that it is a very fast bike (I've ridden it and looked at it's taillights from my Z1000 quite often).

However, the seller of this bike told my friend that the bike makes 270hp on NOS.

The bike does have all the goodies.... Air shift, NOS system, stretched, onboard air....etc etc. It looks mostly like a normal stretched and lowered street bike.

270hp though? I mean, that seems like a ton to me without forced induction from a liter bike...even with juice, and I've told him so several times.

Is that realistic or did my friend hear it wrong (or was sold a line)?

What do you think the max hp on a seriously built GSXR1000 would be ... I mean if you went all out on the motor without adding forced induction?

Just curious.

Sean

Just looked at a gsxr forum and if the motor is built and tuned for nitrous then yes that number is do able by what I was reading.

Holy Cr*p! Really?

I'm impressed!

Got a link?

Sean
P.S. Most of the built NOS Busa's are closer to 220. What gives?

Generally speaking you can make a ton of power with NO2 and in the short run it can be much cheaper than FI. It's basically accomplishes the same thing as FI... it puts more O2 into the cylinder than the engine would normal draw in through natural aspiration.

The first thing I thought of when I read your post was if it's using "NOS" it's not all motor.

Audiomaker said:
Holy Cr*p! Really?

I'm impressed!

Got a link?

Sean
P.S. Most of the built NOS Busa's are closer to 220. What gives?

Will find it again. Most busas are around 40 shot because its easy to do and no engine mods needed. Purposely built nitrous busas are crazy seen a couple on here between 300-400hp

I have a 2006 busa with some mods that makes 190 rwhp on motor, and 230 with a 36 shot (I got 40 hp on a 36 shot! :) )
so if I put on a 100 shot, I'd be over that. But I'm not sure how long that would last.

Black Diamond, thanks for the links :)

So... 270...

There goes my hope of walking him at the local drags with a mild turbo busa and stock swing arm :(

Only thing on my side at this point is that I'm 220-230lbs and he's 320-330lbs (6'4 bodybuilder).

(sigh)

Sean

270 is average. I have tunes some to the 330hp range

62jet_750psi.jpg

EPSON001.jpg

So... 270...

There goes my hope of walking him at the local drags with a mild turbo busa and stock swing arm :(

Only thing on my side at this point is that I'm 220-230lbs and he's 320-330lbs (6'4 bodybuilder).

(sigh)

Sean
its all rider bud. a guy one here that rides a zx14r all stock motor stretched and clutch mods will walk by almost anyone here on the site. he is down around 8.5 in the 1/4 mile with exhaust and tune. alot of power will cover up a bad rider but if you learn to ride your bike then you can beat alot of people before and after you add power.

So... 270...

(sigh)

Sean
Yeah but a 350hp busa running 15lbs of boost on C16 with a stretch and strapped, running a 2-stage with a rider who practices up would destroy that 1000 (hint hint) :laugh:

Yeah but a 350hp busa running 15lbs of boost on C16 with a stretch and strapped, running a 2-stage with a rider who practices up would destroy that 1000 (hint hint) :laugh:

LOL! No... his bike handles like hell. Every time he begs me to ride it, I get off and his eyes are like "yeah? yeah? yeah?", so I'm always nice and complimentary. I'd rather lose at the strip though.

That said, he pushes the heck out of it in the twisties.... good rider. Good GIANT rider. He's sitting on his calves, but still gets that thing around... just not for me.

Here he is with a couple different bikes (including the gsx in question)

Oh... and while we're momentarily on the subject of my friend Victor...

When we are done carving, he's always like "Did you see me dragging knee??"

I'm always thinking...."yeah.... cause your damned legs are so long that you don't even have to lean the bike over to touch the ground with your knees".

Good man though... Head of security at my club. Very competitive. Can't ride in front of him at any speed.

Sean

Numbers are possible, hard to believe it's the bike in the pic. My guess, take it to a dyno and it doesn't make NEAR that kind of power....

Keep in mind folks...

This isn't my friend bragging about the horsepower of his bike. That's just what he was told it would make with the NOS hooked up by the seller.

Feels like about 170hp to me just riding it around. I'm sure we'll get it to a dyno as soon as he gets the NOS filled.

Sean

Is the motor stock internals?

Stock fuel pump?

what's being used to control the nos?

Keep in mind folks...

This isn't my friend bragging about the horsepower of his bike. That's just what he was told it would make with the NOS hooked up by the seller.

Feels like about 170hp to me just riding it around. I'm sure we'll get it to a dyno as soon as he gets the NOS filled.

Sean

Back