05 Hayabusa 1300R

tms7887

Registered
Just trying to get some ideals of where to start troubleshooting my 05 Busa. I was riding the other morning and it just made a noise and started shutting down while was still riding. I pulled over and it turned itself off. I started it back up with some effort but it sounded like a Harley and ran for little bit but shut off again. I towed it to the house and tried to start it but won't even turn over. I charged battery but when tried to start it up it just clicked and all lights went out until I took hand off start button. I'm starting with the battery and starter but needed to see if anybody had same problems with theirs or anything else might need to check.

You shouldn't be running off the battery while riding. And the starter would not have killed the bike. If you get a new battery make sure you check that the stator is charging.

Kinda answering just to keep this bumped.

By saying it sounded like a Harley, do you mean it sounded like is was only firing on 2 cyl ?? If so have you checked your fault codes, kinda sounds like electrical or fuel injection problems. But without the trouble code, your just guessing :please:

Back