150 CC to HYABUSA?

wild

Registered
I'm not a new rider, have good experience with 150cc bikes but that was in India where you really do not go beyond 60miles/hr unlike here where 100miles/hr is not even any speed, I'ma good rider and had good control on my bike.
I've been in US for 5 years now and have not been actively biking since 2006, I've always missed riding and the urge has always been there, now I'm contemplating to get a BUSA. I've enrolled myself in BRC to get the liscence, I've read enough posts while i really really want to get a BUSA but not sure if i should stop at 600cc and then move to Busa.
At times i feel the more time spend with Busa i'll be ok. but then again not sure , need some experts advice on this so that i can make up my mind. anything less than Busa will be a compromise but then Safety is more important and i can ride 600cc and then move on to BUSA but i want to know if that will be necessary.
also i'm 5.9 & 158 ilbs i'm not sure if height and weight matters but i read that Busa ia heavy and difficult to control so , honestly i've been getting mixed messages so far
appreciate any help on this one

Thanks

ask 10 people and you will probably get 10 different answers but i would recommend not going straight to a Busa from a 150cc bike and even more so with your having not ridden since 2006...i would pick up a used 600 or 750 that i could ride for a while and then sell...as long as you don't total it, you should be able to get most if not all of your money back...you can then buy the bike of your dreams and be much more confident and less likely to injure yourself or wreck your new pride and joy

:welcome: Good luck with your decision. Not that it cannot be done, I would recommend some seat time on a smaller bike larger than a 150cc. Get your endorsement and get back into the swing of things.

Back