Gen2 owners does bike idle at very low rpms when engine is cold?

ky busa

Registered
my 2011 busa wants to idle at or near 600 to 800 rpms for a few seconds on a cold engine start up then it picks up its idle to about 1100 rpms it never quits my 05 busa didn,t do that it idle around 1000 rpms on cold engine start up just wonder if this was normal for a gen2 ?

honestly, never paid attention to mine. I thumb the starter, start putting on gear (ear plugs, helmet liner, helmet, gloves) and then ride off.

Yes all the stock 08 up have the same problem. If you have the ecu editor it is a easy fix. Just a little fuel and timing in ceartin areas will fix that problem. Then when you start it you can open the throttle and no hesatation at all. Also you can you can adjust so many areas for better performance.

My gen1 busa has a fast idle control, so I use that for warm up. My 14 is just like the gen2 busa, all automatic, so I just crack the throttle for the first 10-15 seconds till the idle comes up on its own and good to go :thumbsup:

Yeah, that's what they do. I've never thought of it as a problem though. Guys are getting 100,000 miles or more out of bikes that have done it since the first start-up.

Go ride and don't worry about it. :thumbsup:

Back