Anyone else get YouTube injuries?

Audiomaker

Registered
Yes, I admit that I've spent way too much time on YouTube watching all these rider vid's (crashes, Ghostrider, Busa Vid's..etc.).

I have this problem that when I'm watching a motorcycle in motion vid'...especially from a helmet cam... I desperately try to look where I want to look!

This is pretty bad when the rider looks down at his gauges for a second and I try to look up for him, but in some videos I the rider tucks in at 150mph and I'm sure his eyes are looking up at the road, but the camera is looking 30ft in front of the bike. For some reason my body will try to look up 'cause I'm strangely scared that I can't see what's in front of me!

I mean... I'm literally sitting in my chair with my neck cranked back all the way back trying to get my helmet (that I'm not wearing) up!....LOL!

Of course, I can't stop watching, but 5 minutes later my neck is strained and I have a terrible headache.

Is it just me?

Sean
P.S. Ok...make fun.. but remember this when filming :)

Well, I don't do that and I think if you really are you should unplug for a bit and get out on the bike.

Don't get me wrong, I don't sit like a log when watching dramatic videos, but I don't try to react for the person either.

Dirt bike videos can be even worse. So many seem to point their camera too far down, making for a nice video of their front fender. Then they upload 15 minutes of said front fender to YT.:laugh:
Know what you mean about 20 feet in front of the tire vids. I'll watch for a few seconds, and if they're like that, I close 'em and move along.
For street videos I always mount the GoPro on the bike, aimed level for an as far as I can see ahead view. No wandering footage then.

Back